News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Friday Devotional 1/29/2012 "Now or Later?"

Started by BOFF, January 27, 2012, 08:33:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BOFF

Good morning!!

Reading some this morning, and I had three  words stand out to me in particular.

Matthew 4:18-22
New International Version 1984

The Calling of the First Disciples
18 As Jesus was walking beside the Sea of Galilee, he saw two brothers, Simon called Peter and his brother Andrew. They were casting a net into the lake, for they were fishermen. 19 "Come, follow me," Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men." 20 At once they left their nets and followed him.
21 Going on from there, he saw two other brothers, James son of Zebedee and his brother John. They were in a boat with their father Zebedee, preparing their nets. Jesus called them, 22 and immediately they left the boat and their father and followed him.

In the above passage, I was focused on the disciples responses and their actions after Jesus had called to them.
Do you remember the last time Jesus called out to you? Maybe it was through a friend, or complete stranger, asking for help? Maybe a function in your church, or community?

What was your reply? Was it ""I'll think about it, and get back with you."

Notice there wasn't any conversation of the disciples, other than the IMMEDIATE response through their actions!!

verse 20 reads "At once they left their nets and followed him."

verse 22 "and immediately they left the boat and their father and followed him."

Words and actions of "NOW." I noticed in my reading three words: "At once" and "immediately."

I encourage you brother and sisters to hear Jesus' call, and act upon it immediately.

Father God, thank you for the messages you have placed upon our hearts. Help us to act upon them immediately. May the calling of your voice be heard, and responded to in a manner pleasing to your eyes, and ears.
Thank you for your love, grace, and sacrifice for our sins. For it is in Jesus name we ask and pray these things, Amen.

God Bless,
David B.

pastor

I have experienced His call several times when my first thought was; "Me, why me, you can't mean me, I can't do that". Like Moses I have said "pick Aaron". What I have learned is that God will never ask you to do something without blessing you with the necessary tools to do it. Where God guides He provides and allowing His will to be done not ours sure does make life fun.
Jer. 29:11

Duke0002

Lumpy

In my bible studies this morning we read out of Luke 15, and our discussion was on the cost of being a disciple and what it means. We must be a living sacrifice, denying ourselves and living for Him. Listen for His instruction and not worrying about what He has called us to do and just do it!!!
It's not a religon, it's a relationship, JESUS CHRIST IS LORD!!!

Hook's Custom Calls Prostaffer
www.hookscalls.com

Roostem33

I tried my best to ignore what God was telling me for years, but when I started to listen boy did my life get easier. Thanks so much David, excellent devotional!!!

Have a good week,
Jody
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)

turkey slayer

dlquinn

Quote from: Roostem33 on January 27, 2012, 03:19:13 PM
I tried my best to ignore what God was telling me for years, but when I started to listen boy did my life get easier. Thanks so much David, excellent devotional!!!
Have a good week,
Jody

Yep...Ditto...Amen  :jesus-cross:
NRA-STAND AND FIGHT

pappy

Super testimonial and devotional combined. I myself, was searching, trying to find my way out of the situation I HAD PLACED MYSELF INTO.....that's when God touched my shoulder, and my heart, and called me into his service, I was so thrilled, and excited to know that He wanted to use me......and that my life was about to take a major turn, and ever since then, it has been a ride I will never forget!!!!
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

rempumpman

Absolutley great devotional, Boff; thank you so much;
God has always provided the tree, but you never read where he built the nest.