OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

What the HECK is a Turkey Thug!?!?!?!?!?

Started by TANK, February 19, 2011, 04:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vaturkey

Vaturkey

Timber Chicken

I think it's kind of cool. I like to wear my shirt to work the street thugs don't know what to think.

deerhunt1988

If you wear that shirt your just wanting to draw attention to yourself IMO

vaturkey

Quote from: deerhunt1988 on February 21, 2011, 10:50:31 AM
If you wear that shirt your just wanting to draw attention to yourself IMO

GLAD EVERYONE HAS THEIR OWN OPINION  !!!! :newmascot:
Vaturkey

waturkeynut

I did buy the shirt, the thug thin is a little out of whack, I was fortunate enough to meet Cuz this weekend and he spoke of how they didn't do a good enough job of getting out the real meaning of " Thug" with it actually standing for Todays Hunter Uniting for Good. But hey they're trying to sell stuff. IMO trying to keep up with the others too like Bone Collector and all the " Catch Phrases".

lightsoutcalls

I don't get the need to associate it with the hip-hop culture.  I have yet to see anything positive come out of that culture.  Just my take, but it appears to be an "all about me" culture that fails to recognize the value in others.  The thought of "Todays Hunters Uniting for Good" seems to have been flushed down the turkey crapper with the logo they use.  Where is the "Uniting" part in the description on the shirt?  Once again... "all about me". 
If you have to tell someone how cool, bad, tough... whatever you are, likely they aren't going to be nearly as impressed as you are by the whole issue. 

I know what opinions are worth, but that's mine anyway.
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

OLE RASPY

shootumindaface

I love it... No different than someone calling a fellow hunter a turkey Killer.. Killer does not have the best reputation for a word either..

Cuz does a good job of describing the meaning in the first episode available on the Pursuit Channels website...

The show is also what alot have asked for.. Some people outside the limelight that get it done in the woods.. I do not care for a few of them, but a few know their stuff.

grousec

Who would have thought the word "thug" could be used be used in a positive way!  But if one is going to be a thug the best one I can thing of is a "turkey thug."  I like it, where do I get the shirt?

yellowacorns

camp man

Quote from: vaturkey on February 20, 2011, 10:55:26 PM

:newmascot: :newmascot:
True story: I wore my "thug" shirt to a grocery store and the lady in the line behind me told me that she loved my shirt and that they had turkeys on their farm. We talked for about ten minutes while going through the line and I got permission to hunt on their land!!!!!! Turkey thug all the way!!!!!!!

Tomteaser

Quote from: TANK on February 19, 2011, 04:24:16 PM
What the Heck is a "Turkey Thug" anyway? I mean is that the best catchy phrase they could come up with? Theres no way I would call myself that, or wear some of their stupid looking logo-ed merchandise. It has that Eminem rapper, white trash look to it. I like watching Cuz and all, and he used to sound pretty good on a tube call (haven't heard him on one in a while). To me he lowered himself as a turkey hunter. JMHO.

I don't know the show is pretty good, the shirt looks pretty good on and what's the difference between calling yourself a "turkey thug" or a "turkey killer", and i don't know about you, but i don't mind Eminem either.  It appeals to the younger generation and i think as much as we can get the upcoming generation involved in turkey hunting the better! For me, i wouldn't be ashamed to be called a TURKEY THUG!

Boomstick

the way i see it if it helps encourage even a few of these younger kids to do something other than sit inside and play xbox or playstation then i like it. were can i pick up one of those shirts?
"Good... Bad... Im the guy with the gun" Ash from army of darkness

WNY Bowhunter

I've got the same t-shirt and always get comments about it... ;).
"I'm not from New Yawk.  I'm a REDNECK from Western New York!!!"
"It's not a passion. It's an OBSESSION."

CASH

A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.