OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Mossberg Turkey Thug Question

Started by R AJ, January 25, 2012, 09:53:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

R AJ

Mossberg has come out with several 12 gauge models but not one 20 gauge model? Are they aware of the women, kids, and those switching from 12 ga. to 20 who would have possibly considered this gun? Do they admit to being so low in the 20 gauge market that they felt that not enough units would sell?
Are they going to bring out the 20 gauge for next year?

Luke95

Sumtoy Get Choked

R AJ

According to their web site announcements there are 4 models ,all 12 gauge.

I have their turkey version from a few years ago but it is not a Turkey Thugs model.

A little 3" pump in 24" bbl or 3" auto would be sweet. What about a back-bored 20 ? That would be interesting and novel.

fountain2

I won an 835 tt model last year in Nashville and it's great.  I will be sure to ask about a 20 ga next weekend. 

dawei

Quote from: RAJ on January 25, 2012, 09:53:58 PM
Mossberg has come out with several 12 gauge models but not one 20 gauge model? Are they aware of the women, kids, and those switching from 12 ga. to 20 who would have possibly considered this gun? Do they admit to being so low in the 20 gauge market that they felt that not enough units would sell?
Are they going to bring out the 20 gauge for next year?
At present it seems that Mossberg® 20ga turkey gun offerings are limited to just three configurations; all of which are Mdl 500's..........
• #54238 20" non ported barrel with a ported choke tube in MONBU
• #54239 20" non ported barrel with a ported choke tube in RTHGHD
• #54241 24" ported barrel in MONBU

David

Only two defining forces ever died for you.
1. Jesus Christ.
2. The American Soldier, Sailor, Airman, and Marine.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

1Cross+3Nails=4Given

R AJ

They will have a 22" 500 Super Bantam with an adjustable stock,cammo,adjustable sights,etc.

dawei

Quote from: RAJ on January 28, 2012, 04:54:06 PMThey will have a 22" 500 Super Bantam with an adjustable stock,cammo,adjustable sights,etc.
Thanks, I guess you mean these..........
• #54140 22vr" RTHGHD
• #54253 22vr" MOBUAI

David

Only two defining forces ever died for you.
1. Jesus Christ.
2. The American Soldier, Sailor, Airman, and Marine.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

1Cross+3Nails=4Given