OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Hastings .562 for a remington

Started by CB on the run, February 19, 2011, 01:59:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CB on the run

I've been searching the web for 3 days trying to find one.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

CB

gobbler336

i think i got mine through cabelas while back.   

R AJ

Usually Abel Ammo , Gun Broker , or Auction Arms will turn one up. I'll be on the look out.

hookedspur

I will keep my eyes open as well ,I was told a while back they went out of business.
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

R AJ

Quote from: hookedspur on February 19, 2011, 04:16:29 PM
I will keep my eyes open as well ,I was told a while back they went out of business.

Thay have been out of business but lots of chokes sold in huge lots then.

TrkyHntr

He's big enough to ride in my truck!

CB on the run

Thanks guys.  I thought I had one a Cougar Ridge but they finally got back to me and say no.  The last one at Precision reloading was sold to another forum member but if anyones interested they still have at least one for the Browning/Winchester threads.  I known Hastings was forced out of business a little over a year ago when a lending company demanded immediate payment and everything was liquidated in a huge auction.  It indicated that numerous lots of .562 chokes were sold but not to whom.

CB

VAlongbeard84

CB, I got a .566 Hastings for remchoke threads I will sell you cheap. I know it is not the .562, just thought I would throw it out there. Let me know.

CB on the run

Sent you a PM but if you don't mind me asking, how did it shoot?

CB

VAlongbeard84

Pretty good with federal heavyweight 7's. It got in the 160s a couple of shots in the 10" at 40 yards. It just wasn't quite as consistent as the RSF for me. But, that could be different for each gun.

300Mag

CB on the run

300Mag

870 youth 21 inch barrel with hw7's. I shot it three times last Saturday at 40 and got between 90 to 130in the ten.

CB on the run

They no longer have Hastings chokes.

CB