OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Federal Heavyweight - what choke for my SP-10?

Started by Gamblinman, January 21, 2012, 02:03:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gamblinman

So thinking about purchasing the Federal Premium Heavyweight shells in 7's. These have the flight control wads and ported chokes aren't recommended.

Any suggestions as to what choke and constriction?

Gman
"I don't hunt turkeys because I want to. I hunt turkeys because I have to."

Devastator

im using a ballistic specialties 690 ported choke and it shot very good.never tried any other chokes.

Old Gobbler

Timb -I would like to try some federals , but I would hate to damage by stuff - But seeing you had no issue , I might contemplate doing the same thing
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

Gamblinman

Thanks for the replies..I'm nervous about using a ported choke with the flight control wads, but I'd love to try that heavyweight shot at 1300 FPS.

Gman
"I don't hunt turkeys because I want to. I hunt turkeys because I have to."

Devastator

im not sure i would worry about the ports as much as i would wad strippers.

4nolz2

I was under the assumption the 12s were flight control wads but the 10s were not-has that changed since they came out?

Devastator

SLAYER

Why does'nt Federal put out a heavyweight turkey load with a regular steel shot wad and buffering that you could shoot through ANY choke. with that 15cc pellet density they would fly off the shelves. a 2.25 oz. 10 ga load of Heviweight 6's or 7's, WOW!! Listen up Federal you're missing out!

Devastator

Quote from: SLAYER on March 03, 2012, 10:44:26 AM
Why does'nt Federal put out a heavyweight turkey load with a regular steel shot wad and buffering that you could shoot through ANY choke. with that 15cc pellet density they would fly off the shelves. a 2.25 oz. 10 ga load of Heviweight 6's or 7's, WOW!! Listen up Federal you're missing out!
yep?