OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Waiting on some wood...

Started by lightsoutcalls, January 20, 2012, 10:16:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lightsoutcalls

Is it just me, or does anyone else feel like a kid waiting for Christmas when you order wood?  I just ordered a piece of quarter-sawn padauk and a piece of canarywood with "high color contrast".  When I get home from work and find the cardboard wrapped boards, they go straight to the shop where they are immediately opened for inspection/admiration.   Some people just don't understand...   ;D
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

Basser69

Since I have only been at this turning mess for about 3 or 4 months, every day is christmas for me. It does not matter if I am in a local store looking at wood, ordering on line or going to a buddies shop to "borrow" some wood.... Christmas everyday for me!

drenalinld

You guys have it bad, but that keeps me looking for Christmas in the mail in a complete call.

TRKYHTR

I'm looking at some spalted maple I got in the mail yesterday. Christmas in January.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

Longbeardfever4ever

Anytime I order wood I find myself waiting by the window...LOL! Then I have to show off each piece to my parents  :toothy12: :agreed:
Hook's Custom Calls
Keep The Fever Custom Calls
Romans 3:24

Bonjour

I feel like a crack head with a brand new rock. Once I burn through it, I gotta get some more.  :you_rock:

WillowRidgeCalls

You betcha  :presents2: I've been waiting on a load of olive, seems like forever and it showed up the other morning. I was out the door like a cat with his tail on fire and half way down the drive before I noticed the snow and ice, dang that stuff is cold on your bare feet  :character0029:.
Wisconsin Turkey and Turkey Hunting Pro-Staff
Scott

TarheelTurk

Quote from: Gitzit69 on January 20, 2012, 09:31:32 PM
Quote from: Bonjour on January 20, 2012, 07:16:38 PM
I feel like a crack head with a brand new rock. Once I burn through it, I gotta get some more.  :you_rock:
:TooFunny: :TooFunny: I know what ya mean 
:emoticon-cartoon-012:             

Very well said !! Couldnt agree more LOL
Grandads Advice : "Sometimes its better to be quit and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubts" LOL

Roostem33

I love it when I get some new wood, my best friend owns a wood supply company and he is constanly bringing me something cool. He brought me some Padauk and Figured Sapele last week. Got to love it!!!!

Jody
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)