turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Devotional for Thursday 1/19/2012

Started by Roostem33, January 18, 2012, 11:36:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roostem33

But we are bound to give thanks to God always for you, brethren beloved by the Lord, because God from the beginning chose you for salvation through sanctification by the Spirit and belief in the truth. (2 Thessalonians 2:13)

If you had foreknowledge and decided to go and bet on a horse in a race, would you bet on a loser or a winner?

Sometimes we look at our lives and wonder, Why would God choose a loser? But here is what we need to realize. God doesn't just see your weakness. He sees you for what you can become.

I don't know what state you are in today. Maybe you feel pretty beaten up spiritually. Maybe you have failed in some way, shape, or form. Maybe there has been a moral failure in your life that has just been revealed, and you are facing the consequences of that. Or maybe it hasn't been revealed yet, but you are engaged in things that you know you should not be doing.

Maybe you wonder at times why God called you to follow Him in the first place. God has foreknowledge. He knows what will happen before it happens. If that is the case, then why would God pick someone like you or me?

If you look closely—and you have to be very close—you will see yourself in God's eyes. You will see that He loves you and cares about you. And He sees you for what you can become.

Have a great week,
Jody
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)

BOFF

Great word of encouragement Jody!!!

Thanks!!! Have a great week as well!!

God Bless,
David B.

dlquinn

NRA-STAND AND FIGHT

turkey slayer