OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Mossberg 835 Super Mag/Should I Buy It?

Started by Gobble Nole, January 17, 2012, 03:53:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CASH

Mossberg doesn't make a SuperMag, Remmy does
A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

mightyjoeyoung

Quote from: CASH on January 18, 2012, 12:57:38 AM
Mossberg doesn't make a SuperMag, Remmy does

Yup!  The 835 is the Ulti-Mag!  Best turkey gun there is.  remington just put "super-mag" after their 870 to sound more like the Ulti-Mag.   :TooFunny: 
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

trkehunr93

I saw a brand new one in Wal-Mart a few months back that was just a little over $300 new, I would try to talk them down a bit.  Regardless of what you get it for, you are buying a superb shotgun for turkey hunting, hands down!

Gobble Nole

Well I think I can get it for a couple hundred bucks so I guess I am going to buy it.  This is like my 7th 12 gauge, but first mossberg.  I have shot ducks all over the country and it is amazing how different shotguns do different tasks equally well.  I wouldn't bring the Mossy to the duckblind but it will throw a killer pattern at 50 yards for a big nasty thunder chicken. 
OK, now I am going to customize it up, any advice on ordering stocks, sights, etc. is appreciated.  I am planning on going with the Blackhawk Camo stock, PG .670, and either shooting the Mag Blends or #7's.  I do want to add a sight, mostlikely a True Glo and a cheek pad as it is recommended by many with the Blackhawk stock.  Gonna be fun...

tyelper

heavy i just bought a new one 307, camo, but kicks like a mule, i have a super mag that i have about 650 rapped up in i have a bps i have about the same in and 307 in the mossy and it will shoot circles around the other 2,,,