turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

11-87 choke Question

Started by ddturkeyhunter, January 15, 2012, 07:44:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ddturkeyhunter

Just bought the Remington 11-87 sportsman Super Mag gun with the 23inch barrel, it has the factory Turkey Coyote choke on it. I have not had the chance to shoot it yet but before I start trying all the different types of shells and loads in it, is it worth it, or should I buy an after market choke right away.

hookedspur

Get yourself a Pure Gold or a Indian Creek 665 and try H13 7s ,probably save you money in the long run .
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

ddturkeyhunter

Thanks for the suggestion, I am replying back because I need to get my posting count up so I can see the classified.

joshua

I shoot the same gun with a 26 inch barrel. The IC BDS in .665 with 6's, 7's and the Mag Blends give me great patterns farther than I should even think about shooting.  :anim_25: this season.
Turkeys are as smart as hunters make em and public land offers more classes.
George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them.

TurkeyTim

I have the same gun except with 28" barrel.   I use the Hevi-Shot choke and with the Mag Blend shells.   I killed two turkeys last season one at 10yds and another at 25yds.   During the fall season I wasn't able to get a turkey but I did kill a coyote at 25 yards with the combination.   I have tried the Jellyhead and Carlson chokes and the Hevi-Shot has the best pattern.  I stopped buying anymore chokes because the Hevi-Shot choke works just fine for killing turkeys.

Tim

3" 870 Shell Shucker

QuoteThe IC BDS in .665 with 6's, 7's and the Mag Blends give me great patterns farther than I should even think about shooting.

Ditto.

MAGGUNS

it has the factory Turkey Coyote choke on it.

Must be one of those new hybrids!   :begging:

SumToy

Put a 650 to 660 in it and go have some fun. :icon_thumright:
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

bird

Quote from: hookedspur on January 15, 2012, 08:00:28 PM
Get yourself a Pure Gold or a Indian Creek 665 and try H13 7s ,probably save you money in the long run .

:icon_thumright:

nyhunter

I have had great results with the fallowing,jellyhead .660, kicks .655, indian creek .665. And with the following loads win.HV #6s,win xtend range #6,H-13 #6's.  All have put up good numbers on the board and all have made clean kills. I also think a pure gold would be a good choice,but i haven't tried one.

DKA

I have the same gun with a 26" Barrel. I use a Kicks Gobblin Thunder Choke .655 and it is deadly with # 5 Lead Shot.

RailRoader

I have the same gun. With the 23" barrel also. I have a Kicks .655 that seemed to prefer Win #6s Lead. Been shooting nitros past couple years and it does great with them. I also had the forcing cone lengthend.