Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

On average, how many days do you hunt in the spring?

Started by SpitanDrum, February 18, 2011, 08:56:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JVA54

Devastator

Quote from: SpitanDrum on February 18, 2011, 08:56:42 PM
Just curious how many days everyone hunts during the Spring Gobbler season.

On average I spend 25 days chasing birds each spring. Mostly hunting in Pennsylvania. I average about 12 birds in range each year (within 30 yards) and my best season I called in 18 birds, never fired a shot though, kept waiting for a bigger one.

I start scouting early April and am out almost every day. Last year located 130 different Toms before the season.
i hunt till the tags are filled here in pa. and n.y. plus my nephews bird.?how do you keep passing up your birds to get a bigger one.are you after bigger spurs or beards??? :fire:

Doug-Va

at least 30 days! I hunt every morning here in Va unless its raining then go to work to catch up on the days i missed!

Doug

YELPA

ground control

During turkey season I only have two outfits, scrubs and hunting clothes. In short, about 30-35 days.
"Ground Control to Major Tom: Your circuit's dead, there's something wrong. Can you hear me Major Tom?"

TnTurk

Around 20 days, plus a couple afternoons during the week. I have several farms close by to hunt so I'm able to get out and hunt quite often.

stinkpickle

It varies widely year-to-year, but this year I've blocked off 22 days to hunt 4 states.  We'll see if that actually pans out... 

Odessa

About 8 or 9 days in NC only.  Going to add a couple of days in FL next year.
"I admire a good turkey hunter chiefly because such a man displays qualities that we usually associate with pioneer America-patience, enthusiasm, woodcraft, game sense, and a quiet hardihood undaunted by rain, by cold, by long tough miles, by disappointment."
Archibald Rutledge

ctwny1

chatterbox

17-20 for me. I'm in hopes to hunt VT, so if I'm lucky, I can get a few more days.

Muskie03

I'll hunt about 22 with another 15+ days of guiding.
Muskie03 Taught Me A Lesson In 2011

If it eats I can catch it, if it bleeds I can kill it.

Woodsman4God

Cove

Hoosierhunter

One full week and than as many days as I can maybe 5- 8 more

PANYHunter

I normally hunt every Saturday and Sunday during the month long season.  I will usually get out at least 3 times during the weekday depending on what I have going on at work.  I guess a total of around 20 days.  I'm real excited in PA this year as we can hunt until dark the second half of the season.