OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

"New here" Reflex sight

Started by shuey270, January 15, 2012, 09:49:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shuey270

I have an 870 super mag, b-square mount, bushnell trophy red dot, looking for a reflex style sight. I bought my son a BSA reflex for his 10/22 and like the open style sight. I want a sight that will hold up to the 3.5" shell and hunting conditions. Looking at the burris fast fire II, and hearing of the III model. I'm new here looking for help!

chatterbox

I believe that if you go with a FFIII, you will be very pleased!
Burris really listened to hunters, and the FFIII, appears to have fixed the issues that some guys ran into with the FFII.

cannonball

I have an 870 super mag with b-square mount that has a Mueller Quick Shot on top. It has around 15 rounds of 3.5" through it and is still dead on. It was carried around all of last year's turkey season and has held up fine. I don't have any first hand experience on the Burris, but there are several people on the board that use them and are happy.

reynolds243

shot the mueller quick shot all last year and really liked it. for the money it is a pretty sweet set up. even took it off my gun and accidentally dropped it on the ground getting out of my truck and it was still right on target when i put it back on.

burris makes a very fine product though, i just didnt have the extra $100 when i bought mine.