OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Which pistol grip stock?

Started by Newram05, January 10, 2012, 11:37:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newram05

Looking into a pistol grip stock for my moss 835. Looking at Blackhawks, ATI's and Tapco's. Any opinions on here. Also adjustable vs solid stocks? Thanks

DMP

I bought a solid stock from cheaper than dirt.  I believe it was from ATI.  I wanted a adjustable / tactical stock but saw a lot of reviews about they were to flat or that you would need some form or raised sight or scope in order to use them on the 835 and im fine with my factory beads.  Plus the solid stock was cheaper.  There may be tactical stocks out there where you don't need raised sights.

allaboutshooting

Quote from: Newram05 on January 10, 2012, 11:37:34 PM
Looking into a pistol grip stock for my moss 835. Looking at Blackhawks, ATI's and Tapco's. Any opinions on here. Also adjustable vs solid stocks? Thanks

I've been shooting an ATI on an 870 for the past 4 months and really like it. I can adjust the LOP when I wear more/less and the grip and butt pad have their new "Scorpion" material that really does absorb recoil. With this one you also have the option of a pistol grip only. It's a pretty neat set-up.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

Newram05

Allaboutshooting you have a picture? What model is it and where you purchase it at? Thanks!
I've looked at the stocks that cheaperthandirt offers.

bird

Why eat bologna when you can have Prime Rib....

Blackhawk Knoxx SPECOPS Stock is the only logical choice.

chatterbox

Quote from: bird on January 11, 2012, 10:29:44 PM
Why eat bologna when you can have Prime Rib....

Blackhawk Knoxx SPECOPS Stock is the only logical choice.

This. Finest tactical stock out there.

Newram05

Knoxx... With recoil reducing or NRS? I currently have a scope on my 835. I've read about the recoil reducing fellas talk about the recoil problems with scopes hitting the face. ?? ChraperTD has em for like 48 with NRS.

bird

Recoil reducing and use a red dot and you won't have any worries about a scope eye.

allaboutshooting

Quote from: Newram05 on January 11, 2012, 10:23:59 PM
Allaboutshooting you have a picture? What model is it and where you purchase it at? Thanks!
I've looked at the stocks that cheaperthandirt offers.

I ordered directly from ATI. You can check out their site at http://www.atigunstocks.com
They make a great product that works.

Thanks,
Clark

Wingbone

Knoxx is the way to go. But yeah, no scopes only red dots or rifle sights. Trust me, it's worth it.
In Hoc Signo Vinces

Turkeykiller12

I like a thumbhole stock alot. If I could find one of those for an 835 I'd have to be buying another mossy 835! The one I had was a handful with 3 1/2 mags.

allaboutshooting

Quote from: Canyonhunter on January 12, 2012, 08:44:19 PM
I like a thumbhole stock alot. If I could find one of those for an 835 I'd have to be buying another mossy 835! The one I had was a handful with 3 1/2 mags.

That ATI stock also fits the 835.

Thanks,
Clark

chatterbox

Quote from: Newram05 on January 12, 2012, 01:41:38 PM
Knoxx... With recoil reducing or NRS? I currently have a scope on my 835. I've read about the recoil reducing fellas talk about the recoil problems with scopes hitting the face. ?? ChraperTD has em for like 48 with NRS.
If you get a recoil reducing knoxx, DO NOT put a tube style scope with magnification on it!
You will get busted in the head.
Do as Bird says. Get a red dot, and no problem.

RemingtonRules

Quote from: chatterbox on January 13, 2012, 04:44:37 AM
Quote from: Newram05 on January 12, 2012, 01:41:38 PM
If you get a recoil reducing knoxx, DO NOT put a tube style scope with magnification on it!
You will get busted in the head.
Do as Bird says. Get a red dot, and no problem.

Good advice

DMP

This is what I got and painted it to match my 835.  Makes a big difference when your holding the gun up free handed and waiting on that old tom to give you a clear shot.

http://www.cheaperthandirt.net/31021197-1.html