turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Gun Dipping Question

Started by campcreekfarm, January 10, 2012, 09:10:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

campcreekfarm

I have a shotgun I want to send to Camo Solutions to get dipped in Mossy Oak Bottomland and have a question.  After it is dipped can you still feel/see the checkering on the forearm and stock?  I have a friend who sent his to another place and it looks great and did a great job but you cant feel or see the checkering on the forearm or stock anymore(REM 870 Wingmaster).  You can tell where it is but no feel it is kinda slick but the camo looks great.  I know this might be kinda picky but I was just wondering if someone on here had ever sent a gun up there.  Thanks

30_06

Don't know about Camo Solutions, but after I had my gun dipped at Tarjac you could still see and feel the checkering.

bunk

Camo-Solutions has my gun now. I can let you know how it turns out as soon as I get it back.

jyoung

campcreekfarm,

I have a 935 at camo-solutions right now being re-dipped.  Don and Sally do an awesome job bro!  You will not be disappointed. Give them a call at (870)266-3366 or email them at donmullis@camo-solutions.com with any question or concerns.  They will be happy to talk with you.

Jonathan
Jonathan Young

TrackeySauresRex

Quote from: jyoung on January 11, 2012, 04:10:37 PM
campcreekfarm,

I have a 935 at camo-solutions right now being re-dipped.  Don and Sally do an awesome job bro!  You will not be disappointed. Give them a call at (870)266-3366 or email them at donmullis@camo-solutions.com with any question or concerns.  They will be happy to talk with you.

Jonathan

pm sent
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

campcreekfarm

Quote from: jyoung on January 11, 2012, 04:10:37 PM
campcreekfarm,

Jonathan

Thanks very much.  I talked to him this am and just about could not get off of the phone with him and the last thing we talked about was about my gun.  Super nice guy and getting it ready to ship off in the morning.

RemingtonRules

Leader

Just curious what a dip costs?

Is this a dip over factory camp or wood?

Can you dip wood?

CASH

Quote from: Leader on January 17, 2012, 05:18:01 PM
Usually around $200 give or take.  Camo Solutions price is $195. That's around the standard industry price.

If you have a factory dip, they remove it and re dip.  Extra charge to remove dip/tape/paint

Can you dip wood.
Yes, you can dip just about anything

A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

Leader

Quote from: CASH on January 17, 2012, 06:12:31 PM
Quote from: Leader on January 17, 2012, 05:18:01 PM
Usually around $200 give or take.  Camo Solutions price is $195. That's around the standard industry price.

If you have a factory dip, they remove it and re dip.  Extra charge to remove dip/tape/paint

Can you dip wood.
Yes, you can dip just about anything hY

Thx for input

jyoung

This is my Mossy 935 I sent to Camo-Solutions.  To say that I am well pleased is an understatement!  The attention to detail is unbelievable!  And the picture really does not do it justice. They dipped the choke, receiver, bolt, trigger, etc... everything! Even Gun Koted my sights to better match the camo! All I have left to do is add my Quake Claw Sling in MO Infinity, put my barrel decals on, and possibly top it off with a reflex sight!
:z-guntootsmiley:

Jonathan
Jonathan Young

BrowningGuy88

That is one FINE 935!!!! Quite possibly the best looking 935 I have seen!

They seem to have done an excellent job!

Jpc014

How well does it hold up? I am rough on gun plus the humidity in south La will rust a gun quickly.

TrackeySauresRex

:o  Looks Sweet J good luck with her
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

Flyrodder

Quote from: jyoung on February 08, 2012, 04:30:31 PM
This is my Mossy 935 I sent to Camo-Solutions.  To say that I am well pleased is an understatement!  The attention to detail is unbelievable!  And the picture really does not do it justice. They dipped the choke, receiver, bolt, trigger, etc... everything! Even Gun Koted my sights to better match the camo! All I have left to do is add my Quake Claw Sling in MO Infinity, put my barrel decals on, and possibly top it off with a reflex sight!
:z-guntootsmiley:

Jonathan

What manufacturer made your sights and are they wind-age adjustable?
Thanks, Flyrodder