Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Ummmm.... What happened to the classifieds?

Started by bigdale, January 09, 2012, 10:36:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigdale

bird

OG has decided that in order to post or even view the classifieds that a member has to have a minimum of 50 posts to their credit.

bigdale

Oh ok. Well that stinks, I had a couple hundred before the redone the site

bird

Quote from: bigdale on January 09, 2012, 11:47:50 AM

Looks like you're at 50 now!   :icon_thumright:

stinkpickle

Quote from: bird on January 09, 2012, 11:50:05 AM
Quote from: bigdale on January 09, 2012, 11:47:50 AM

Looks like you're at 50 now!   :icon_thumright:

:TooFunny:  Magic!

Old Gobbler

Guys I want to take this opportunity to explain the situation with the classifieds , and this has been going on for quite some time, not just here but on many hunting related sites

What has been happening is that there are people that register to hunting sites , (usually very low post count members) post a classifieds or wanted add , and wait for someone to take the bait

We make people post a picture to protect them from scam artists like this - we have noticed that 99% of the people  who post up a add without a picture have very low posts ,in fact it is so bad , that we rarely see a less than 50 posts members post a gun classifieds add the right way - we send messages , they ignore - then a few weeks latter they post another add with out a picture - the members here dont know them either , so the stuff rarely sells for them anyway

So we went in and adjusted it so that you have to have 50 posts , to sell in that area - problem fixed , and members protected and happy
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

30_06

EMSDJ2

I was wondering same thing.  Thought i was losing it!!

SWAMPFOX

gaswamp

Quote from: Old Gobbler on January 09, 2012, 10:25:03 PM
Guys I want to take this opportunity to explain the situation with the classifieds , and this has been going on for quite some time, not just here but on many hunting related sites

What has been happening is that there are people that register to hunting sites , (usually very low post count members) post a classifieds or wanted add , and wait for someone to take the bait

We make people post a picture to protect them from scam artists like this - we have noticed that 99% of the people  who post up a add without a picture have very low posts ,in fact it is so bad , that we rarely see a less than 50 posts members post a gun classifieds add the right way - we send messages , they ignore - then a few weeks latter they post another add with out a picture - the members here dont know them either , so the stuff rarely sells for them anyway

So we went in and adjusted it so that you have to have 50 posts , to sell in that area - problem fixed , and members protected and happy

VERY UNDERSTANDABLE..HOPEFULLY I can get my post count up to 50 in a few weeks.  Never sold anything on here but like to buy stuff sometimes

DUCKDIGGLER

jdub2041

rebelman

Doubletap