OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Tried the Mossy Oak Graphic Gun kit...

Started by TheSportsman, January 09, 2012, 10:16:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheSportsman

WELL WORTH THE MONEY!  I got the gun kit in Mossy Oak Bottomland and put it on my Benelli SBE last night.  It looks awesome!  Take your time and use a heat gun to help.  THe material can be stretched when it is heated.  I was worried it might come undone during the night but just checked it and it looks great.  I cleaned the gun completely with gun scrubber last night before i went to work on it.  If you want to camo your gun and dont want to dip it, i suggest the kit highly!

Mossberg835

ElkTurkMan

C J Stahly

Im waiting to here what everyone things of the durability of these kits.  If they will last a little bit Im gonna pull the trigger

allaboutshooting

Quote from: C J Stahly on January 09, 2012, 03:15:13 PM
Im waiting to here what everyone things of the durability of these kits.  If they will last a little bit Im gonna pull the trigger

They seem to work, if applied well, no gaps, etc. but if the gun gets really wet, it's still a good idea to strip it and clean it, just in case.

The real key, as stated is to take your time and use heat to stretch the material. The video on the site where John Hines demonstrates the application is very helpful.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

Gobble!

I have seen two reviews on here and both have been good so far!

TheSportsman

no pics, but i took it to work with me today and held it up by a rem. 870 that tarjac dipped in bottomland and you couldnt tell a diff unless u ran your hand over it!

Lightnrod

tcook7

The gun is dipped, but on the magazine tube and Tru-Glo Tru-Brite sight are covered in the new Mossy Oak Graphics...you can tell a slight color difference but this stuff is awesome!