turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Your Input Please

Started by ghillie, January 06, 2012, 02:55:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CASH

Stoeger.  They're my duck/dove guns, but both my M2000 and 3500 have performed flawlessly. Great guns with Benelli internals at a 1/4 of the price.
A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

ghillie

CASH...I can't wait for it to arrive..I shoot a SBEII for waterfowl and had been using it for gobblers too.  Decided to build a turkey gun and Stoeger is my choice.  I like the inertia drive and less parts on the Stoeger compared to the SBEII.  As you say for half the $...

The 3500 inertia drive does not go into the stock like the SBEII...correct???

Also...how's the pattern out of them...can you recommend a choke...i'm thinkin a Rhino or IC...

goblr77

I might be in the minority but I actually prefer an 835 over an 870SM. I've had more problems with 870 super mags hanging up with 3.5" loads than I have with the 835's. I had two different 870's not long after they started clambering them in 3.5" and got rid of both of them. Maybe they are made better now? An 835 doesn't have the fit and finish of an 870 but i haven't had one hang up yet out of the 5 or so I've owned....knock on wood. You just have to shuck them hard. You will be hard pressed to find a better patterning gun than the 835 either. I still own an 870 but it's a 20ga. Had no problems out if it to speak of yet.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=31.262443,-84.995715
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CASH

Quote from: ghillie on January 14, 2012, 12:49:02 PM
CASH...I can't wait for it to arrive..I shoot a SBEII for waterfowl and had been using it for gobblers too.  Decided to build a turkey gun and Stoeger is my choice.  I like the inertia drive and less parts on the Stoeger compared to the SBEII.  As you say for half the $...

Also...how's the pattern out of them...can you recommend a choke...i'm thinkin a Rhino or IC...

You'll be happy with it.  Keep in mind though, it's NOT a Benelli.  Not as smooth.  No, the inertia drive does not go into the stock.  The 3500 aslo come with a recoil reducer that mounts inside the stock.  I don't use mine, but should help with 3 1/2 inch loads if you shoot them.

I can't help you on the patterns.  I use mine for doves and waterfowl only.  I'm still a pump man in the turkey woods.  The only aftermarket chokes I've used in it are Carlson's IC and Mod for the birds.

I'd try the Rhino though, of course I'm a Rhino snob.
A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

ghillie

Quote from: CASH on January 14, 2012, 05:22:31 PM
Quote from: ghillie on January 14, 2012, 12:49:02 PM

You'll be happy with it.  Keep in mind though, it's NOT a Benelli.  Not as smooth.  No, the inertia drive does not go into the stock.  The 3500 aslo come with a recoil reducer that mounts inside the stock.  I don't use mine, but should help with 3 1/2 inch loads if you shoot them.

I can't help you on the patterns.  I use mine for doves and waterfowl only.  I'm still a pump man in the turkey woods.  The only aftermarket chokes I've used in it are Carlson's IC and Mod for the birds.

I'd try the Rhino though, of course I'm a Rhino snob.

Thanks for the info...half the fun is figuring out the right combo and patterning...i will take any tips though...thanks again

CASH

Good luck, let us know how it goes.   :z-guntootsmiley: