turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Strutters!!

Started by headbanger, February 18, 2011, 09:47:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

headbanger

On my way home from work yesterday (Thursday Feb 17th) looked into a cow pasture where I normally see birds in the spring...normally late March early April... saw a flock of 20-25 birds with 2 strutters  :o These birds come and go but to see them out and blown up this early is out of the norm. I reckon the 70-75 degree temps goin on has these ol boys ready to go!!
However, I can't hunt here...stopped and asked last year. Land is leased out to deer hunters...at least I can look at them as I roll by.

headbanger

ncturkey

Check with the deer hunters they may sub lease you the turkey hunting rights. It never hurts to check. Who knows they may let you hunt it for free. I have a few places like that. the deer hunters hate the turkeys. They tell me I can shoot all I want.

hookedspur

Quote from: ncturkey on February 18, 2011, 10:14:59 AM
Check with the deer hunters they may sub lease you the turkey hunting rights. It never hurts to check. Who knows they may let you hunt it for free. I have a few places like that. the deer hunters hate the turkeys. They tell me I can shoot all I want.
:agreed:great Idea
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions