turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Fit to hunt challenge.

Started by Fox Fire, December 29, 2011, 10:36:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TauntoHawk

lookin to drop 10-15 myself.. back injury really killed me the last few years.. I used to be one of the most fit guys I knew now im average joe american
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

lohaus

Wow, ok count me in.  Packed on the pounds in the last year.

Fox Fire

Tomarrow I'm gonna start take'n my breakfast & lunch to work so I can eat a little smarter,  that meens no more Hardees biscuts, never was much on fast food other than breakfast anyway so it should'nt be hard to quit'em.

Found a site called LIVESTRONG .COM & thye have a feature called MY PLATE, handy set up it is for keep'n up everything, you enter your info like weight, goal weight, how much you want to lose a month & it gives  the calories you  need a day to reach the goal.

You type in what you've ate (& it list about anything you can think of) & it breaks down all the info for ya, calories, carbs, protien, salt, fat,...,then tells you how many you've consumed that meal & how many you have left to consume for the day, type what kind of exercise you done & it tells you how many calories burned during exercise.

Takes a lotta guess work out of it, check it out.

Neill_Prater

Okay, so are we doing this or what? I weighed in at 217.2 lbs this morning. Neill

Fox Fire

Quote from: Neill_Prater on January 07, 2012, 11:39:06 PM
Okay, so are we doing this or what? I weighed in at 217.2 lbs this morning. Neill

I guess it a green light for anyone who wants to jump on the wagon, the OG staff said nothing is to change hands so its basicly a motivational thread to root each other on :z-guntootsmiley:, so c'mone & gitchee some !!!

ChiefBubba

I'm still a go and will have a weigh in on Wednesday. Chief.

ChiefBubba

Weigh in was 269 but was after lunch and not first thing in the morning. Headed to Texas tomorrow duck hunting so hoping I don't gain any, Chief.

jshively

I'm in as well.  Weighing in at 240 (was 205 last year at this time).  Promised the wife I would be down to 220 by turkey season or no Saturday hunting.  Sounded good at the time - now I am sweating it a bit.  I possibly see myself with not eating for a couple of days before the final weigh in the day before opening day.

BOFF

I'm in. Although I just finished off a Klondike Heath bar.  :TooFunny:

Currently at 183, would like to be 169 by March 15th, opening day of Turkey season.

So, were posting weights on Saturdays?

God Bless,
David B.

Neill_Prater

Foxfire, I apologize, for my intent is not to hijack your thread. I tried starting a thread just like this on another board last year, and it died a premature death. In reality, I suspect if statistics mean anything, a substantial portion of the members on here are overweight to some degree. I've been somewhat obsese most of my adult life, and have been the poster child for yo-yo dieting. Every winter, I would realize I needed to lose weight before turkey season, and I would usually manage to drop a few pounds.

Well, I retired in 2010. I have a mowing business which keeps me active during the warm months, but don't do much in cold weather. I went deer hunting in November of that year, and couldn't make it up a 1/8 mile hill without stopping, and realized I needed to do something. I weighed 250, so started cutting way back on the food, and hit the exercise bike almost every day. By the first of the summer, I had dropped 35 pounds, 10 of which I managed to gain back over the course of the summer, primarily, I'm sure, because of drinking tons of soda. Ten pound of gain wasn't good, but at least I hadn't fallen back to my old habits completely. As of this morning, I am back down to the 215, and hope to continue the trend.

I realize why threads like this don't normally survive, because no one wants to post if they haven't lost weight. That in and of itself is why I'd like to see this thread stay active. Just the idea of posting your weight every week is incentive enough for many of us to stick with the program. I've turkey hunted at 180, 250, and about every weight in between, and I'm here to tell you the outdoors is much more enjoyable when you are physically fit.

I promise to post my weigh-in results, good or bad, weekly. Someone asked about the weekend, I just suggested that because most guys are probably off then, but just pick a day that is convenient for you. I'm hoping a bunch more of you will join in and perhaps we can all give each other some support. Being overweight is no joking matter, and leads to tons of health problems.

So, today, January 14, my official weight is 215. Neill

redarrow

January 1st  240 lbs

January 8th  227 lbs

Got my fingers crossed for tomorrows weigh in.

Neill_Prater

Quote from: redarrow on January 14, 2012, 12:39:17 PM
January 1st  240 lbs

January 8th  227 lbs

Got my fingers crossed for tomorrows weigh in.

Man, that is dropping it! You ought to be on Biggest Loser!

redarrow

THe first 10 or 12 is easy. The next 10  takes a bunch of work.

maustypsu

BOFF

Jan 11th 183
Jan 14th 181.

God Bless,
David B.