OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Fit to hunt challenge.

Started by Fox Fire, December 29, 2011, 10:36:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FANMAN

I'm teaming up with Joe...pass the cinnamon rolls.

ghillie

I've also made the decision....i'm not overweight or anything like that but I have decided to put the smokes down in 12 hours and 34 minutes...

I am going to apoligize now if i snap at anyone in the near future!!! 

Neill_Prater

I've been trying. I am 60 years old, and haven't been below 200 for over 20 years, and currently weigh about 220. I was 250 a little over a year ago. I dropped to 215, but gradually gained back about 10 pounds over the summer. I'm having a difficult time losing this time around, but have been riding the exercise bike up to 22 miles at a time, which has dropped my resting heart rate about 20 beats per minute, and I've almost gotten off high blood pressure medicine completely. I'm shooting for under 200 by turkey season, and eventually, around 175 - 180, which is what I really should weigh. It is hard to stay motivated, but I see so many people just a few years older than I that are in such poor health, they can't do much of anything, so I'm trying to actually do it this time.

I'm in for whatever you guys want to do. I don't care about a contest per se, but even posting weekly with time spent exercising and/or weight is a good incentive to stay with it. Neill

GobblerChaser

I'm. I was 30 pounds lighter last turkey season. An overly stressful summer and fall of 2011 thanks to real estate and a job change got me here. It's time for my passion of chasing turkeys to get me out of here. Already down 16 from 247 to 231, but headed for 200. Let's roll!

Follow me on twitter @GobblerChaser

chatterbox

I'm in.
I've discovered that round once again, is a shape.
I need to loose roughly 35 lbs to get to a good weight for me.
Let me know what will be involved.

Mike

bird

I think this is a good idea but only if no money or other tangible items are involved in the whole process.  Ultimately it never fails.....  When money or other tangible items get involved then there always seems to be a problem that pops up. 

Supportive Encouragement is all that is needed in this venture.... No Money or Calls or any other items will be involved in this.

bird

timbrhuntr

Hmmm. I thought this might be fun and don't really care about any type of prize. But if the management as noted in the above post is going to be getting involved telling what you can and can't do etc. with no discussion I'm out. Sorry guys I hope you all reach your  goals for the season or whatever.

I guess I never really thought a simple deal like this be an issue but I guess everything has to turn into something.  I am not disputing managements right to rule their site .  

jakesdad

Ill join in if for nothing more than moral support.I could stand to lose 40-50 if not a few more.Its funny how you put it on a little at a time and grow "used to" the extra weight.I havent thought much about until the other day we were hauling some 50lb bags of rock salt around to my parents basement for the water softener and I thought man it felt good to set that down,then realized how much better id feel if I lost that much weight!Not goin for anything drastic,that never seems to work for most people.just going to cutback on junk and do easy "fun" exercises......walks,bikerides,hikes in the timber,etc and take it gradually.good luck to everyone!

"There are turkey hunters and people who hunt turkeys.I hope I am remembered as a turkey hunter"

Fox Fire

The powers that be have spoken, I entirely understand wher ther come'n from.

Let me sak this, providing thers enuff intrest within the OG tribe, whats the chances of a health/fitness thread wher we can trade info ??

Thers threads for jokes, games, recipies, classifieds, why not a health/fitness thread, if thers intrest in this sort of thing ?

Just curious.

chatterbox

I start tommorow morning. I know it's not the 1st, but I always like to start these things on a weekday.
Starting weight is around 213. Goal weight is 180 by April 30th. Essentially 33 lbs by turkey season.
I wish each and everyone of you guys that are trying to do something positive whether it be to loose weight, stop smoking, whatever, the best of luck.
I think that checking in on this thread would be a positive thing. Nothing has to exchange hands, but good old fashioned moral support.
:anim_25:

TRKYHTR

OK I'm in. After the bowl of icecream last night at 11:00 pm it's time to drop some weight. Starting weight 231. Goal weight 210.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

maustypsu

Quote from: TRKYHTR on January 01, 2012, 01:06:00 PM
OK I'm in. After the bowl of icecream last night at 11:00 pm it's time to drop some weight. Starting weight 231. Goal weight 210.

TRKYHTR

Almost the same goal so if you want to do a little head-to-head I'm in.  A little trash talking is the best motivator (well, second to a turkey call  :policeman: ). 

Starting weight is 233.  Goal Weight is 213 by April 13th - opening day of turkey season here.  But if you wanted to "race" to 210 against each other I'd be up for that.  Baby due between now and then so I wanted to set an achievable goal.  And I have a good excuse if I only get to 220!!!  And you can have fun doing the trash talking.

Good luck all -

TRKYHTR

Quote from: maustypsu on January 01, 2012, 11:21:57 PM
Quote from: TRKYHTR on January 01, 2012, 01:06:00 PM

TRKYHTR

Almost the same goal so if you want to do a little head-to-head I'm in.  A little trash talking is the best motivator (well, second to a turkey call  :policeman: ). 

Starting weight is 233.  Goal Weight is 213 by April 13th - opening day of turkey season here.  But if you wanted to "race" to 210 against each other I'd be up for that.  Baby due between now and then so I wanted to set an achievable goal.  And I have a good excuse if I only get to 220!!!  And you can have fun doing the trash talking.

Good luck all -

I'm in.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

ChiefBubba

Okay boy's I'm in to. I was diagnosed Diabetic back in June and have been taking a pill since then. I weighed in at 282 then and got down to 260 but put 5 to 10 lbs back on over the Holiday's. I'll weigh in today and get a good number. I would also say you want to weigh in at the same time when you do. I usually weigh in first thing in the morning because that's the lightest you're going to be. 

I had to to start testing my blood sugar and one of the thing's I learned to do was I started tested before and after every meal and learned what I could eat from the test meter. Managing for diabetes is a little different from other diets. With diabetes you really are watching the carb's because sugar is a carb and all carb's turn into sugar.
One of the easiest thing's I did was cut out just about all of the bread.

Don't end up like me taking a pill twice a day and pricking the finger testing your blood sugar multiply times a day. It really puts a crimp in your hunting. Chief.

Neill_Prater

Okay, I'm going to suggest a once-a-week posting of your weight, possibly on the weekend? Since yesterday was the 1st day of the year, what about using that as a starting date? I weighed 220.0 yesterday morning. Neill