turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

New Striker Series (Corian Tipped)

Started by Longbeardfever4ever, December 24, 2011, 10:18:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Longbeardfever4ever

Well, thanks to Pappy's help I am now making corian tipped strikers. These things really sound awesome! The Cocobolo is staying with me, the Brazilian Cherry Goes to Nationals with the Maple Burl/Padauk laminate.  Thanks!
Hook's Custom Calls
Keep The Fever Custom Calls
Romans 3:24

maustypsu

Sweet. Are you making any for sale?  I would be interested in one made on a very hard wood and one made on something softer. On the softer one it would be cool to dremel out the middle and cut it like the HS cross cut to see how that sounds.

TRKYHTR

RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

Longbeardfever4ever

Mausty,
   I will be making some for sale. I'll send you a pm.
Hook's Custom Calls

Footballer

I'd also be interested in one if you make more

drenalinld

Longbeardfever4ever

Quote from: Footballer on December 25, 2011, 09:56:49 PM

When I make some more I'll post them up. :)
Hook's Custom Calls

Footballer

Any chance you could make one using dymondwood? I bet it would be a killer on an aluminum surface.

Longbeardfever4ever

Dymonwood or colorwood? I have colorwood but not dymonwood.  Colorwood runs very well just isn't as hard.
Hook's Custom Calls

WyoHunter

If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

Devastator

very nice mike,which one sounds the best on the hooks assassin calls.i may have you send just north of you.

maustypsu

Quote from: Longbeardfever4ever on December 25, 2011, 10:17:44 PM
Quote from: Footballer on December 25, 2011, 09:56:49 PM

When I make some more I'll post them up. :)

Mike, while most people on the site are offering up prayers that your shoulder surgery will be a success and you'll recover quickly, I am a bit more selfish and praying that you get some more corian tipped strikers out before the surgery no matter how it goes.   :goofball:

Just kidding.  Hope all goes well.  Let us know if you get any more together.  Recover quickly and get back to making us some pretty pegs!

pappy

You know Mikeeee...it would be nice to reward the guy who helped you with a freebie????!?!?!!?!!?!!?!?!!!!!
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

Longbeardfever4ever

Lol it looks like I better reply!

First off, thanks for the compliments!

Timb- I think cocobolo with a corian tip sounds best.

Maustypsu- Lol! I won't be getting anymore made before the surgery unfortunately! But when I'm out of the sling I'll get back at it and let you know :) Thanks!

Pappy- You never know, there might be something in the mix one of these days! :)
Hook's Custom Calls

TauntoHawk

Hope your surgery goes well!!

Can you send me a PM with a price est for Cocobolo/Corian striker, that would make a great Gift
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>