turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

scratch, scratch, scratch...

Started by paboxcall, February 17, 2011, 05:45:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paboxcall

When I saw these, I knew I had to have one of them.  First of all, they are cool.  Second, they run great.  I sweet scratcher that purrs softly, clucks kindly, and gives a sweet yelp.  The size and shape make it easy to run, just fits your hand so perfect.  I like this one.

Most of all, when I read these were made from Dick Kirby's wood pile, that was the tipping point.  When I was a little kid, I met Mr. Kirby at a local outdoor show.  I'd never heard a turkey call before, simply because I didn't grow up in a family that chased them.  Dad bought me my very first call from Mr. Kirby, and though a dozen years would go by before I was officially diagnosed with this turkey hunting affliction, I remember back then so vividly hearing Dick Kirby running all those calls on his table.

That man hooked me right there and then with tons of curiosity.  Thank you Mr. Kirby.  And Thank you Bob Fulcher -- you made a sweet little scratch box that holds a special place for me. 
   :icon_thumright:

:wav:
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

letinmfly

Captain of the former Gobble Kings

hunter22

WyoHunter

Nice scratch call with some history!  :icon_thumright:
If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

bbcustomboxcalls

selinoid44

'Flush Draw' Calls
Charlie Louthain
574-527-9785

old frank

That is a special call, I always thought Dick Kirby was a good guy.

I am not at all familiar with a "Scratcher" call. Exactly how do you work that thing?

paboxcall

Quote from: old frank on February 17, 2011, 08:39:57 PM

I am not at all familiar with a "Scratcher" call. Exactly how do you work that thing?

PM sent.
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

M,Yingling

Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

turkey slayer

blue66

Quote from: paboxcall on February 17, 2011, 09:26:39 PM
Quote from: old frank on February 17, 2011, 08:39:57 PM

PM sent.
Send me one too, I would like to know how they work.