Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Merry Christmas Arkansas.....................

Started by pappy, December 14, 2011, 05:12:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pappy

Been working on this trumpet/yelper for a year...started way back in September as a ten year anniversary for 911....made from  ivory resin acrylic, with an 1898 silver quarter. I hand carved the bell to look like the Liberty Bell in Phillie, now this caller has been sitting on the shelf since then I just never got around to finishing it. But, then today I was encouraged in my spirit to do so, why, I didn't know, and I no sooner finished it and walked into the house when my wife said I had a couple packages in the living room. I open the first one and it was a box of meats...ham, bacon, sausage and a cake, from Pettits Meats....and it was from Arkansas......Adona, Arkansas....from my good friend drenalinld..............talk about a surprise!!!!!!!!!!
So it hit me, why in the world after all this time was I to finish this yelper? Well, I gotta send the chicken chaser something don't i?......so here ya go David, I hope you like it. She measures 6 - 3/4" long the mouthpiece is from Manatee rib bone from Georgia the brass is a casing from Virginia the quarter came from Phillidelphia from a lady who makes rings there the carbon insert where the mouthpiece is mounted came from a guy in Arkansas......lip stop is also ivory resin acrylic so she is made up from a country wide assortment....pappy.......you have to hold this call to really appreciate it, the pic just does not do it justice...Merry Christmas David....
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

vaturkey

WOW Pappy ! That's a real beauty ! David, I hope you call in a big gobbler with it the first time you take it to the woods.  :icon_thumright:

P.S. Pappy, your ham is in the mail !   :you_rock:

Ricky   :newmascot:
Vaturkey

hookedspur

Great, JUST GREAT all around. You are the man Pappy
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

JELLYHEAD

Pappy,                                                                                                                                                                                        That is AWESOME!!! What a good friend, David is very, very lucky. I hope he fills 1's head full of lead!  :fud:

savduck

Merry Christmas David. MAN that is Awesome Pappy. Couldnt happen to a better person.

I also got a package from David. cooked up a meal out of it tonight. Jalapeno cheese grits, scrambled eggs with jack cheese, bacon grease, milk, and honey ham bits, and some thick Arkansas hickory smoked bacon.

I washed it all down with some Zinfindel wine.
Georgia Boy

drenalinld

WOW pappy! I don't know what to say. You're a great guy and I just wanted to send you a little something for Christmas and now you're one up on me.

That is an awesome trumpet! Believe me I will put it to good use.

TRKYHTR

I think I remember you posting that a while ago. That is real nice. David has a good one for sure. That thing looks too pretty to get dirty. Where do you come up with these kinds of ideas Pappy. A Liberty Bell, who would of thought. Nice job master turkey builder.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

cypresscreek

What a beautiful call and a great story. The generosity of hunters, especially those of The Tenth Legion, never ceases to amaze me.
Rick Ferlita
Cypress Creek Turkey Calls
Mossy Oak Pro Staff

barry

M,Yingling

Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

TRKYHTR

I too received a package in the mail with alot of bacon in it from AR. David is very generous and a great guy. Thanks again David.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

vaturkey

I also received some Arkansas bacon from David ! My wife fixed some for breakfast this morning & it was awesome. Thanks David for your generosity.

May God Bless you & your family .

vaturkey   :newmascot:
Vaturkey

TarheelTurk

Pappy the caller is absolutely stunning .... and what a great gift for a friend. Its stuff like that makes me proud/glad i joined this site! Everyone is helpful and always friendly. Jason
Grandads Advice : "Sometimes its better to be quit and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubts" LOL