OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Holosun 507K

Started by Bottomland OG, April 08, 2024, 08:01:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bottomland OG

I have a 940 Mossburg with the Holosun 507k and can't get used to, #1 the dot with the circle around it. I wear glasses and it makes to much of a star burst on the target. #2 the way it sits so low down in the cut out. I figured I would love both of those. I have made a decision to put a truglo gobble dot pro on it so I can still be able to adjust the poi. Has anyone else had either of these problems with that particular setup or one like it? If so , do you have any recommendations that worked for you?

nybowhunter

I have the same setup and like it so far. I've only been out in the field with it 3 times this season so my experience is limited.

I have the site setup to only show the 2MOA center dot and not show the 32MOA circle. Depending on the outside lighting I adjust the center dot brightness to eliminate the starburst effect.

It is very low on the gun, but it forces me
to get a good cheek weld to the stock, I hunt with contacts though and can see how glasses could potentially get in the way a bit. 

You can find the instructions on how to change the reticle here: https://holosun.com/uploads/20210624/d804654e3bc0333f657a9883d9190cbb.pdf

Hope you can find something to make it work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bottomland OG

It has grown on me since hunting with it all season. Thanks for the info, I didn't know you could remove the circle from the sight picture on the 507k.  That would definitely help. Thanks again.