turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

chalk suggestions

Started by bcc2011, December 06, 2011, 03:40:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bcc2011

Hey guys I would like get ur guys input of a good brand of chalk to use and a good supplier for box calls. Thanks
Brother Custom Calls

vaturkey

Dont use white school board chalk ! It has oil in it. Use blue carpenters chalk.  :icon_thumright:
Vaturkey

culpeper

Go to a web site called www.forestry-supliers.com and click on their little round tree symbol across the top, then see a selection of products and click on the yellow stick of Railroad Chalk.  This chalk is outstanding for box calls with no oil base at all.  I am strictly a box call builder and I have been using this chalk for 4 years.  A box of 72 sticks will only cost you $13 and last many many years.  I cut them down the middle with a coping saw and then in 1/2 again and that piece will last a customer for at least 3 years.  I send a piece like this with every call I build and ship.  Just my $.2.

lightsoutcalls

I really like Rainchalk.  You can get it from Midwest Turkey Call Supply.  It has a resin material in it that helps provide more "grip" to the surface of box call lids/rails and friction call surfaces.  I love the stuff.
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

Old Gobbler

I buy up old calls all the time , you would be surprised how many people use pool cue chalk to trash up a call

:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

bcc2011

Thanks for the input guys, I was thinking of buying a case of railroad chalk but I wanted to get some input before I had a case of chalk laying around the shop if I didnt like it.
Brother Custom Calls