Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Can anyone give me any pointers on turning corian?

Started by Basser69, December 05, 2011, 10:02:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Basser69

I just tried turning my first piece of it and shattered it. Don't know if it was too much pressure or too was too dull...... Just looking to get pointed in the right direction. Thanks!!
:TrainWreck1:
Scott

TRKYHTR

High speed and sharp tools. There are several types of Corian type material. The real Corian will have both sides of the material that is smooth and looks good. One side is polished more than the other. If you have one side that is polished and the other is rough, it is a lesser grade material. This material has a tendency to brake and is more brittle than original Corian. Don't try to get the corian too thin otherwise it can crack or chip while turning it. If you have any other questions about turning Corian you can shoot me a PM. I haven't done alot but I have learned alot from the stuff I have done so far. Good luck,

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

Basser69

Thanks for the help! Speed was my problem. I was turning about 1000 rpm's. I was trying to turn it like wood.
Thanks again..... Scott

misfire

I hate the stuff, but have so much of it at the house that I cant help but use it as it was free. High speeds, VERY sharp tools, use a scraper more than a cutter, and carbide tools if you can.
Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net