OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Purple birdseye maple trumpet

Started by merocustomcalls, December 03, 2011, 11:38:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

merocustomcalls

I had a request from a gentleman in Georgia for a Christmas present for his daughter.  She saw the trumpet I made for him a few months ago and asked for the same thing but she wanted it made out of birdseye maple and she also wanted it to be purple.  I have next to zero experience in dying wood so I contacted Glen Marrer for some advice.  If you've ever seen one of Glen's dyed calls they are absolutely beautiful.  He suggested to use Transtint dye and it worked out very well indeed.  The flash on my camera makes the trumpet appear more blue but it is purple through and through.  I had a fun time making this call and I'm hoping the young girl who gets it bags a big gobbler with it this spring.  Many thanks to Glen Marrer for helping me make a special Christmas gift.  Happy Holidays everyone!

Brian Mero

(click on the picture for a larger view)

BOFF

:happy0064:

I like it. I'd hunt that anytime!!

God Bless,
David B.

stone road turkey calls

Stone Road Turkey Calls / Gary Taylor
2013 Norseman 3rd place pot call
2013 Grand national 6th place pot call
2014 Midwest 3rd place pot call
2015 Midwest 5th place HM Tube call

TRKYHTR

Purple riegn. Nice looking call Brian.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

pappy

Brian you're gonna have to send me one of those someday so I can see what real quality feels and sounds like, man those are awesome.........that purple is a killer.........I am so happy that we have a gracious and talented call maker as your self turning those trumpets...God Bless Ya, pappy
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

savduck

Brian, nice work as usual. Soimebody else down here in GA is a gonna have a fine trumpet.
Georgia Boy

shadetree callers

Fantastic job Brian ! beautiful work as always !

barry

woodwzrd

Brian those are some really sweet trumpets. The purple is awesome. I really need to give you a call one of these days and come over and meet you in person. Your work is definitely top notch.

M,Yingling

Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey