turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Trumpet calls

Started by chatterbox, November 25, 2011, 05:22:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chatterbox

I have noticed a big jump in the numbers of trumpet calls being sold, and it seems they have really jumped in popularity. Why is this? What makes them better, or more popular than other types of calls?
I figured I would ask the experts.
As call makers, have you gentlemen noticed a jump in their popularity as well, and if so, what do you attribute it to?

pappy

Let me sound on this, I have noticed a nice increase in sales, due to quality workmanship and sound. Pricing is another nice plus, no need to charge an arm and a leg for a trumpet, the poor guy who bought it would have a hard time carrying his turkey out of the woods....The thing I believe to be true about trumpets is that they are pretty much weather proof, easy to carry and once mastered, they just cannot be beat for sounding that bird's head up. Like all turkey calls, they have their run and then fade out for a while, unless you make collectible calls, then they seem to hang in there, but that's another story, like tube calls, I made them a couple years back and they just sat there, now two years later, they are picking up in popularity, kind of like a closet call.....every call has its day, like clothing fashion, they come and they go but they are never completely gone....pappy
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

savduck

I bought a couple of calls from Brian Mero and Pappy a few months back, just to add another sound to the arsenal. Trumpets arent highly used, and I thought it would give me a leg up on the public ground I run around on. As I become more proficient in using them, I have grown very fond of them. In fact Ive added 4 more trumpets to my small collection since getting those first two this summer. I think there is some mystic to using one. I think they are also very beautiful.

Sound wise, I feel  that they replicate two sounds more realistically than any other call. I think they cluck and soft, choppy yelp better than anything out there. Mouth calls also sound awesome soft, but in my opinion they cant replicate that soft choppy yelp like the trumpets can.

And if your looking to get one, Ill push you hard towards Pappy and Brian. These trumpets get pricey and those two fellas put out the best bang for your buck for a high quality award winning trumpet.
Georgia Boy