turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

? about an older call given to me recently

Started by TarheelTurk, November 20, 2011, 08:17:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TarheelTurk

This call was found @ a yard sell and given to me as a gift. Never seen one so im hopeing you guys can offer some info on the typr of call it is and how to use it. It looks like some sort of scratch box type. The words on the lid say -
P.S. OLT, PEKIN, ILL.
NO. F-6 TURKEY CALL

THANKS FOR ANY INFO , JASON    
Grandads Advice : "Sometimes its better to be quit and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubts" LOL

selinoid44

'Flush Draw' Calls
Charlie Louthain
574-527-9785

TarheelTurk

Thanks Selinoid, Try again i think i fixed it now. Jason
Grandads Advice : "Sometimes its better to be quit and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubts" LOL

Stoner

That is an Olt call, that particular one I believe was made back in the 60's. I have several Olt calls from that time period. They made severl models of calls, duck, owl, hawk, predator, fox/coyote, turkey, crow, squirrel, bob white, etc.  They were good calls in their day.

TarheelTurk

Quote from: Stoner on November 22, 2011, 11:20:47 PM
That is an Olt call, that particular one I believe was made back in the 60's. I have several Olt calls from that time period. They made severl models of calls, duck, owl, hawk, predator, fox/coyote, turkey, crow, squirrel, bob white, etc.  They were good calls in their day.

Thanks Stoner for the info. You wouldn't happen to know how to operate it would you. do you hold a piece of chalk in your hand and run it over it or am i missing the other piece to the call. Thanks Jason

Longbeardfever4ever

Appears to use a small diameter chalked dowel..
http://www.reocities.com/theboxcallpage/olt.html

NCBigShot would be the one to talk to.

Sweet Call!
Hook's Custom Calls
Keep The Fever Custom Calls
Romans 3:24

NCBigShot

..Thanks, Mike.

We actually started a thread about these calls in Collector's Corner.
They're neat little calls. Here's the link:

http://oldgobbler.com/Forum/index.php/topic,1861.0.html
When the Dogwood is white, the time is right...

NCBigShot

Quote from: TarheelTurk on November 23, 2011, 01:35:29 AM
Quote from: Stoner on November 22, 2011, 11:20:47 PM

Thanks Stoner for the info. You wouldn't happen to know how to operate it would you. do you hold a piece of chalk in your hand and run it over it or am i missing the other piece to the call. Thanks Jason

Jason--
Originally the F-6 calls did not come with strikers. They were made to be run against the stock of a shotgun. By the looks of the wear on the lip of your call, that is most likely what the original owner of that call did. Later F-6's did come with a short striker.
When the Dogwood is white, the time is right...