turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Need advice

Started by mrclif, December 21, 2011, 01:46:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrclif

Got a new turkey getter for this year, need a good starting point. Its a M2 Benelli with short barrell think its 22" if I remember right. Probably going to shoot HS 3" 2oz #7,#6 or the blends. Which choke and constriction would be a good start.
Thanks in advance,Mitch

ILIKEHEVI-13

Probably a choke withe a .655 exit diameter would just be about perfect.  Let me check gunbroker and see if I can find you a few good deals.

SumToy

You shoot the 7's you can choke smaller go 645 to 650. Now 6's go with the 655 like Brad said.   Now have had some that show out with the 670 rang also.   
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

decoykrvr

There are a bunch of good tubes made for the Benelli, but the nominal bore diameter of the guns can make them finicky.  I've played w/ an Indian Creek, Mad, Pure Gold, Gobblin Thunder, Briley, Truglo Strut Stopper and Carlson's in .650-.665.  You would probably be better off with a tighter choke if all you plan to shoot is EM straight 6's or 7's, but need to look at something a little more open w/ the MagBlends.  The Indian Creek is .665 and works well w/ the EM MagBlends.  Contact SumToy on this site.

mrclif

Thanks guys, I think this is labeled as a Crio Plus choke system. Right or wrong? Probably going to go with Sumtoy or a Jeb's Head hunter,anybody played with one of them yet.
Wanted to hand roll some TSS this year but I think I'm going to have to wait till I hit on the lottery. By the time I get the equipment and shot I'll have a wad of$$$ tied up.
Shot nitros for a few years and some pressure issues with em so I'm going to ver away from them. EM has been pretty good from the get go.

vaturkey

mrclif

Here's a pattern from my Benelli SBE2. Same barrel as yours. All the info is written on the pattern.  Good Luck !

vaturkey   :newmascot:
Vaturkey

allaboutshooting

Hey Mitch,

In years past, I've found that chokes with exit diameters of .640 to .655 work best in all of my Benelli shotguns. I've been shooting those guns since 1991, first with lead and now with tungsten-based shot, Hevi-13 these days.

I began shooting Wright's Limited Production turkey chokes (.650), then when the SSX (.643) was introduced I started shooting that one a lot. A couple others that have show great results for me and others I've seen shoot are the Hevi-13 (.656) chokes and the new Jeb's chokes (.650).

Whatever choke you choose, I really recommend that you "deep clean" the bore. It will help regardless. Best of luck to you with your new gun.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

BOFF

Here's a link to my patterns from the M2 with the 18.5" barrel.

http://oldgobbler.com/Forum/index.php/topic,177.0.html

God Bless,
David B.