OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Mossy 935 Pics

Started by BHhunter, November 17, 2011, 04:29:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BHhunter

The new Gobbler Stopper. 935 Turkey, Pistol Grip, 22" barrel, Nikon Monarch with turkey pro reticle.

gobbler74

"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

gob09

thats nice what kinda choke you gonna run

BHhunter

Quote from: gob09 on November 17, 2011, 05:19:50 PM
thats nice what kinda choke you gonna run
I'm going to start with either Pure Gold or Sum Toy and see what I get and go from there. Going to take the dive to Hevi #7.

gob09

keep us updated on how it patterns,
i for one think im goin back to lead this year shot a rem.premier #4 out of it through a kicks gt the other night at about 30yrds. it did pretty well. never really needed the performance of the htl loads last year but as soon as i do switch back to lead i will need the htl good luck with it man it looks bad A**

grousec

Very nice.  I have one in mossy oak and I really like the pistol grip.

ILIKEHEVI-13

That's a nice gun.  I love that camo pattern.  Those Hevi-13 #7's will get the job done with overkill to boot regardless of any rumors you hear otherwise. 

beagler

Never Misses

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

fountain2

Have you shot it yet with the pistol grip?  I put one on my 835 tt with a red dot and found that I had to raise my head a bit to see the dot..putting the comb at my mouth line.  I tore me up when I shot!  Took it off immediately and put the regular one back on.  The th stock is better, but still causes a bit of head lift to see the dot.

The 7s will be a great choice.  It should pattern comperable to the 835 and I was getting great patterns with the 7s through both my short bbl 835s.

BHhunter

Quote from: fountain2 on November 25, 2011, 11:08:21 AM
Have you shot it yet with the pistol grip?  I put one on my 835 tt with a red dot and found that I had to raise my head a bit to see the dot..putting the comb at my mouth line.  I tore me up when I shot!  Took it off immediately and put the regular one back on.  The th stock is better, but still causes a bit of head lift to see the dot.

The 7s will be a great choice.  It should pattern comperable to the 835 and I was getting great patterns with the 7s through both my short bbl 835s.
Haven't had a chance to shoot it yet. Been deer hunting and I'm a full time student with semester finals coming soon. Probably get it out mid Dec.
What choke you using in your 835?

fountain2

Just giving ya a little. Just a heads up on the cheek cement. It was rough my one and only shot with it on a big gobbler.  Busted me up pretty well.  It looks good and felt good up until that point.

I am shooting a Sumtoy choke in mine.  I have shot a 670, 676, 675 and all threw great patterns at 40..I will go with the 675 for hunting with the hevi 13 7s.  I consistently got 300+ in a 10" circle and 530-550 in a 20"...nice even patterns more than capable of killing a big tom. 

Good luck with it!  Please post some patterns with it.  I got a few I can send ya of you're curious about performance.   Many 835 shooters on here and many great patterns too

goblr77

mossy835

The only problem with a nice rig like that is when you miss there is nothing to blame from the gun. Nice rig hope you get years of enjoyment with it.

spur collector