turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

New Mossy 935

Started by BHhunter, November 01, 2011, 08:49:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BHhunter

Finally after almost 8 months waiting for Mossberg to get out the new 935 it's on the way. :z-guntootsmiley: Now the fun of going through chokes and shells and sighting in, just to fill the time till April.

GOLD HUNTER

Good luck with the new gun and have fun  :icon_thumright:

brian

surehuntsalot

good luck with the new Mossberg
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

chatterbox

Best of luck! Enjoy your new slayer! :icon_thumright:

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

mossy835

You will enjoy the gun for many years, congratulations. Post some pictures and more info when you get it in and start working on the chokes.

allaboutshooting

Quote from: BHhunter on November 01, 2011, 08:49:52 PM
Finally after almost 8 months waiting for Mossberg to get out the new 935 it's on the way. :z-guntootsmiley: Now the fun of going through chokes and shells and sighting in, just to fill the time till April.

Congratulations! They are great guns and I know you'll enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine.

There's nothing like getting ready for spring.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

BHhunter

Picked up my new 935 yesterday, and it's jammed! Had to have it shipped to a local store for their FFL (and paid $25 for the service) from Macs Prairie Wing cause they had a good price. Opened the box and checked it over, all looked good, mounted my scope from my other gun, then packed it up and came home. Took it out and tried to open the bolt and it would not budge. Tried every way I could think of and nothing. It has the plastic piece in the breech, and the action is 3/4 closed, and that's as far as it goes. Can't get it to budge. Going to call Mossberg today to see if they can give me any advice, but leary of having a brand new gun that's already screwed up. May have to eat the extra shipping and send it back to Macs. I always have this kind of luck!

gobbler74

Quote from: BHhunter on November 15, 2011, 08:56:15 AM
Picked up my new 935 yesterday, and it's jammed! Had to have it shipped to a local store for their FFL (and paid $25 for the service) from Macs Prairie Wing cause they had a good price. Opened the box and checked it over, all looked good, mounted my scope from my other gun, then packed it up and came home. Took it out and tried to open the bolt and it would not budge. Tried every way I could think of and nothing. It has the plastic piece in the breech, and the action is 3/4 closed, and that's as far as it goes. Can't get it to budge. Going to call Mossberg today to see if they can give me any advice, but leary of having a brand new gun that's already screwed up. May have to eat the extra shipping and send it back to Macs. I always have this kind of luck!

BEEN THERE BUDDY...You got bit by the Mossberg monster. Mossberg WILL make good on it.. but get on it now. Call mossberg service in Texas even though it came from macks. You can ship straight from your ffl to mossberg instead of waiting on Macks to do the same. If they cant fix it you will more than likely be shipped a new gun. Went around in circles over a 935 I bought that jammed right out of the box during shooting and wouldnt eject a 3.5" shell for nothing. The took it back, promised to fix it or give me a new one. The fixed it by honing out the chamber...Good luck on your work.

I'm not sure if Macks will replace it or not if you've signed for delivery..may ask but below is the contact.

Mossberg

PH (800) 363-3555
email:   service@mossberg.com

"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

gobbler74

If its stuck open dont let it shut on your fingers while checking it out in case its just a piece of material from the box in it..etc
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

BHhunter

Found the problem, after Mossberg agreed to pay the return shipping and take care of it, I took the scope off to send it back and now the bolt works fine. Tunrs out the front two screws that hold the mounting rail on push down on the lining that the bolt slides through, which jams the bolt. Looks to me like the holes should go into the lining or something, if not you'd have to use very short screws to attach the front of the mount. Anybody have any experience with this?

gob09

Quote from: BHhunter on November 15, 2011, 02:35:22 PM
Found the problem, after Mossberg agreed to pay the return shipping and take care of it, I took the scope off to send it back and now the bolt works fine. Tunrs out the front two screws that hold the mounting rail on push down on the lining that the bolt slides through, which jams the bolt. Looks to me like the holes should go into the lining or something, if not you'd have to use very short screws to attach the front of the mount. Anybody have any experience with this?
hope someone comes up with something i just bought a 935 and plan on useing a scope or red dot sight of some sort ill check and see if mine will have the same issue

chrmayo

Easy solution. If its only the front 2 holes and i think the holes are 1/2" apart. I would just get a FF2 and 336 mount and use the 2 rear holes.
-MAYO-

gobbler74

That was a much better outcome! If your screws are going through receiver top you can use a dremel tool to cut excess off. Most gun shops have an assortment of receiver screws you may be able to check for. Brownells sells an assortment as well.

BHhunter

Quote from: gobbler74 on November 15, 2011, 05:17:05 PM
That was a much better outcome! If your screws are going through receiver top you can use a dremel tool to cut excess off. Most gun shops have an assortment of receiver screws you may be able to check for. Brownells sells an assortment as well.
That's what I've been thinking. Going to a local gunsmith tomorrow to see what he may have.

FF2 would be an option, but already have the scope and love it, plus I've used all my positive financial points with the wife.