OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Turkey Thug

Started by coyotetrpr, October 15, 2011, 10:31:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

coyotetrpr

If this has been asked or posted before I apologize. I was wondering if anyone has done any shooting, mostly patterning with the turkey thug 835. I am only interested in the 20 inch barrel and the pattern potential that it has.     Thank you all for your time.
Jakes are like scotch. They are not worth a darn until they age.

SumToy

They will shoot good.   Look up Fountain post. He has got 2 of them and did a lot with them.
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

gobblingghost

I have an older 835 if you shot very often you will need shoulder surgery. NOOOOO Gun I have ever shot kicks kicks like that gun. I kills on end and destroys on the other

fountain2

i have one that i won at the nwtf convention.  sweet gun and nice changes over some of the older models.  its quieter with the slides and the trigger is nice and crisp with the lpa syatem.  its still and 835 tho..as in it still kicks like the rest! 

it shoots very well too.  i have shot a lot through it since i have gotten it.  my favorite loads through it are the nitros and the hevi 13 7s.  tss is also another load that works wonders in that gun. 

the short bbl 835 will shoot with any out there...dont let others tell you that they will not pattern good with the shorter bbls..cause they are wrong.  they shoot just as good as any.  i have 3..2 with 20" bbls and one 28".  i was testing loads and chokes in all 3 one afternoon and the 20s outshot the 28...by very little, but still. 

you cant go wrong with one i dont think.  my gun came with the truglow red dot and i ordered a pistol grip fot it as well.  let me warn ya about the pistol grip ( it comes on the model 500 guns)..it you are shooting a red dot, you will need something to raise the comb.  i had to lift my head off the stock to get the full picture in the scope and it rocked my world...badly.  it busted my mouth up pretty bad...yea, kinda embarassing.  putting your head down like normal puts you looking down the rib good, but with the scope, you head has to come up a little.  its not as bad with the standard stock, but with the pistol grip it was worse for me.  the thumbhole model needs a little head lift for a scope as well for me too.

all in all, it is a great gun and you cant go wrong with it.  it is a turkey killing machine and will throw some of the best patterns you can get when set up correctly.  here are a few of the hevi 13 7 patterns from mine
308 in a 10" at 40 with hevi 13 7s

51013 nitro 4x5x7..368 in a 10 at 40

i have better patterns on my phone with the hevi 13 7s..but it crashed out on me and my pics are not in photobucket
here are some other patterns