turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

bps 10 & squirrel hunting

Started by LBSS, October 13, 2011, 03:43:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LBSS

http://i1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc462/herenowgonethen/2011-10-11_15-57-45_218.jpg Shot two squirrels with my 10 ga. One was running and spiraling on a branch I just pulled and let the shot fly and had a direct hit I guess.  Next shot about 5her seconds later was running and then stopped looked broad side and I out that bead on him. Used federal 1 1/2 oz of #T at 1450 the fps . Im a big fan of #T shot it gets good penetration and sufficient pattern out the 10 ga

Hognutz

May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

LBSS

I noticed and I don't know if it was because its steel shot or #Tit but most were all pass through and they didn't "drt" shots.  But it works I. Use my 10 ga because it doesn't have poi problems like my 1210 and 20 ga . And I don't use a 22 because im afraid were the bullet might go.  I know a guy in Mississippi who use a old parkers sxs 8 ga on squirrels at like 60at yards . I do like me some squirrel hunting.  Because they move in chaotic patterns got to be quick.  These shots were 20the yards away and they were 30 ft up

Hognutz

May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

surehuntsalot

a few years ago,I ran into a fellow hunter on some public land hunting our red and black delta fox squirrels,he was caring a 10 BPS using 2-1/4oz #4 lead loads

congrats on your success
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

Old Gobbler

Dead Squirrels for sure-

Those  Parkers are worth a fortune , tell your buddy to take good care of them
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

LBSS

Yeah.  But my gun doesn't like #4 but it likes 5s and Ts.  

Going to buy some federal 00b for 30 yard hog shot ir deer which ever wants to play with my 10
Yeah I seen thise parkers like 10,000$ he got a find on his for 2k. I like my boss though im not scared to put miles on it