OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Knoxx stock or Mueller red dot?

Started by wisconsinteacher, February 16, 2011, 07:51:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wisconsinteacher

I will have a little money left over from selling a few things to set up my new 870.  The gun will be used by myself, youth hunters, my wife, and others in need of a gun.  It will someday have a red dot and a Knoxx stock.  What one would you get first?

pullit

red dot. If your going to use it as a loner gun, I am guessing that not everyone will be able to get the right sight picture with a bead sight. I think the red dot would be great, just give it to them and tell them to put the dot on his head and pull the trigger.
Just my $.02

knightrider

Quote from: pullit on February 16, 2011, 08:13:44 AM
red dot. If your going to use it as a loner gun, I am guessing that not everyone will be able to get the right sight picture with a bead sight. I think the red dot would be great, just give it to them and tell them to put the dot on his head and pull the trigger.
Just my $.02
:agreed:

paladin

I was going to say Knoxx stock due to the size variation in shooters, but Pullit has a very convincing arguement.
"have gun-will travel"

hookedspur

Quote from: pullit on February 16, 2011, 08:13:44 AM
Just my $.02
:icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

Gobble!

bird

Get the Knoxx stock so that you can make the gun easier to adjust to the shooter since you plan on having so many different people using it.  You'll be glad that you did.  I you have a shooter that can't shoulder it correctly and they light off a turkey round and they don't have the gun seated properly, well you could easily convince that person to never light off another turkey round ever again, if you know what I mean.   And then you can also save up your money and put a FastFire II on it.

jmo
bird

Boomstick

Quote from: bird on February 16, 2011, 09:01:01 AM
Get the Knoxx stock so that you can make the gun easier to adjust to the shooter since you plan on having so many different people using it.  You'll be glad that you did.  I you have a shooter that can't shoulder it correctly and they light off a turkey round and they don't have the gun seated properly, well you could easily convince that person to never light off another turkey round ever again, if you know what I mean.   And then you can also save up your money and put a FastFire II on it.

jmo
bird

i agree with bird, the knoxx stock would be more beneficial for everyone shooting because of the adjustability.

charlie
"Good... Bad... Im the guy with the gun" Ash from army of darkness

gophert

Yep, I agree with BIRD.   My 10 year old daughter can actually shoulder my 870 SM with the Knoxx stock set to short...therefore I too think the stock would be beneficial to multiple shooters.