Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Devotion - Thursday - 9/15/11 - Apostasy

Started by lightsoutcalls, September 15, 2011, 09:52:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lightsoutcalls

Roostem 33 asked that I fill in for him today while he is out of the country.  Pray for good weather and safety for his trip.  Today's devotional is a follow-up from yesterday:

September 14, 2011

Defeating Apostasy

By Michael Youssef, Ph.D.

In addition to do-it-yourself religion and playing on our emotions, Satan leads us into apostasy when he encourages us to do things in our own power, with our own intellect, rather than consulting God.

In Numbers 16 we learn about Moses' cousin Korah, who appears to have been articulate and charismatic. He probably wondered why God had chosen poor, stuttering Moses as a leader instead of him. Korah rebelled against Moses' authority even though Moses was God's choice. Moses' response to Korah's attack was to go down "on his face before the Lord." God responded quickly. The ground opened up and swallowed Korah and 240 Israelites; a plague killed 14,700 more. Korah's rebellion did not just lead to tragedy for himself but for others. Sin has a way of doing that.

Apostates will tell you that consequences are a thing of the past and that there is no heaven or hell. From Genesis to Revelation, the Bible tells a different story. A day of reckoning is coming. This will be a day of great joy for all who have contended for the faith but not for those who created their own version of God's teachings.

Prayer: Father, thank You for the assurance we have of Your victory over sin and apostasy. Help me to live by Your Truth so that I can easily recognize anything that goes against Your Word.

"But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ" (1 Corinthians 15:57).

Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

Roostem33

Thanks so much Wendell for filling in for me!!

Jody
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)