OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Scary moment UPDATE

Started by chatterbox, September 14, 2011, 05:02:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chatterbox

Harrison was at baseball practice last night covering first and he took a throw from the shortstop who was in sun, and he was in shade.
He lost sight of the ball for a split second in the transition, and the ball glanced of his glove and hit him square between the eyes, and he went down.
I thought I knew what scared was. Now I know what scared is. When I got to him, he was alert, but in alot of pain, and very sleepy.
The ball hit him so hard, he had the stitches of the ball imprinted in his head.
Took him to the hospital, and it was determined he didn't need a CT scan, and he felt better as the night progressed, and he's ready to get back on the baseball dimond.
I just thank The Lord he was ok. I'm sure I haven't been that scared in a long time.

ILIKEHEVI-13

Well I'm glad Harrison is ok.  Keep a close eye on him though in the next few days or so just to be safe. 

Preacher

Just keep in mind "They are tuffer than you think.     I know it scared you though,   hang in there , if yours are like mine you got several more scary things left:  ie.   "Dad can I borrow the keys to the truck?".
Romans 8:37

Cleburne

drenalinld

Glad he's ok. Nothing is scarier than your kids being hurt.

mossy835

There is nothing worse than seeing one of your kids hurt. Glad he is okay but like stated above do keep an eye on him for a few day.

mnturkey

SEMPER FI

chatterbox

Thanks for all the kind words, guys!
He woke up with only a little pain between the eyes, and he went to school.
Took him out to do longtoss with me, and he had zero ill effects. He was firing the ball in hard, and was recieving the ball well. He did his knee bend pitch tosses very well.
He's ready for practice tommorow! :icon_thumright: 

Hognutz

Glad to hear it, Mike.. Boys will be boys.
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

Stoner

Thank God he is okay. That was good advice above about watching him for the next few days. I had a young man that worked for me a few years ago went to his son's game and was warming up the pitcher and took a ball to the head and he died. Watch over him.

Reloader

Glad he's ok.  BTDT and it don't feel good :D

chatterbox

Had a great couple of games on Saturday!
Harrisons team won both games against the best team in the fall league!
Harrison had a good day at first, and got the save coming in and pitching the 6th. He allowed 2 hits, and one run, striking out 2.
He has a horrible case of "happy feet" in the batters box, and I don't know how to help him overcome that. I know he has to do it on his own, but if anyone has any ideas, I'm all ears! He has been hit so much, he just has no confidence.
I've gotten him lessons, taken him to the cages, but he just doesn't trust that the batter isn't gonna hit him.

Preacher

I really stress "squashing the bug"   (roatating toe to turn hips into the pitch)  It may not give them that much more power, but it seems to help keep their feet still.  I tell them to just step a tiny bit with front foot, or dont even step at all but "squash that bug " with the back.     
Romans 8:37

Tail Feathers

Congrats on the comeback!

My daughter has the same happy feet thing in softball.  Hers has gotten better, I guess time is all the really works on that.  I've seen that fear make one more than one kid leave ball.  Pitching does get better as they age.

We had a scare this summer too.  My 13 year old took a line shot right on the kneecap of her landing leg while pitching.  Caused her some pain but she finished the inning and the game after.  Next day, not even a bruise!  They are tough ain't they? :icon_thumright:
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

guesswho

Wow, don't know how I missed this one.  Glad he bounced back and has no ill effects.  I hope you got pictures of the ball imprinted on his forehead.  Trophies like that are hard to come by, not to mention painful.   

It's to to hear he's ready to get back on the diamond.  Pay attention when you play catch with him to see if it made him a little shy.  If it did it should just take a few outings to get over it. 
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff