OldGobbler

OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Devotion - Wednesday - 9/7/11 - In this life...

Started by lightsoutcalls, September 07, 2011, 09:26:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lightsoutcalls

I got on OG this morning and wrote a devotion, got it posted... then noticed I had basically repeated what Pappy wrote on Sunday, using the same verses for referrence without realizing it.  Interesting...  If you didn't read the Sunday post, please go back and do so.  He covered it quite well.  Let me take up from where he left off...

Something bothering you?  Finances?  Relationships with spouse or children?  Troubles at work?  Unconfessed sin wreaking havoc in your life?  Pappy shared with us the story of Jesus and the disciples in the boat.  The disciples, like us, were focused on their problems.  When you're getting tossed around by the difficulties of life coming at you, it can be difficult to see past the problem to the solution.  Let's take a look at another interaction between Jesus and His disciples:
   In John 16, Jesus is preparing His disciples for His departure from the earth.  Just as they did in the boat, the disciples had direct access to Jesus while He was on the earth.  Jesus knew that when they could no longer see Him, they would be back "in the storm".  He explained how they would now have direct access to God by making their requests in the name of Jesus.  He explained how He would send the Holy Spirit as an advocate, an encourager, a source of conviction to restore right relationship with God.  As he saw that the disciples were finally understanding what He was saying, He closes the chapter with this verse:

John 16:33

New Living Translation (NLT)

33 I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."

Take a few minutes to listen to this song by Rush of Fools.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aD2uPRhOPkk
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

Duke0002

Roostem33

Great devotional Wendell, and the song is awesome!!!!

Have a blessed day,
Jody
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)