turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Mag blend pic

Started by gobbler74, September 06, 2011, 09:59:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodchip

I sure would love to see some pattern pics, a local gun shop has a NEF 10 ga I'd like to grab if they do well.  I may just have to buy it and take a chance.  There's always Nitros!

gobbler74

Nef 10...You hold on Reeeal tight to that one if you fire Nitros through it.  :icon_thumright:
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

Basser69

Quote from: gobbler74 on September 22, 2011, 11:45:28 AM
Nef 10...You hold on Reeeal tight to that one if you fire Nitros through it.  :icon_thumright:

:TooFunny: :TooFunny: So true but still funny

Hognutz

10-4, on the hold real tight thing. I hope you don't have dentures!!  :fud:  Mike
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

gobbler74

Rain, RAIN, RAIN!   :angry9: Maybe it will quit by this evening
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

GOLD HUNTER

Quote from: gobbler74 on September 23, 2011, 11:44:38 AM
Rain, RAIN, RAIN!   :angry9: Maybe it will quit by this evening

:fud: COME ON AND JUST SHOOT ONE !!!  :icon_thumright:

brian

gobbler74

GH,
I have a family reunion tomorrow but I think Im gonna head up to the  Moor range early in the morning @8. "Sunday". My youngest has a birthday party this evening and I just got done changing oil in two cars and getting a trailor full of 16 ft lumber..been crazy busy not including the weather.  Saving that precious vacation time though! 

GOLD HUNTER

Jim

i'd like to have gone with you to the range, @ the time you posted that you were going i was at the 2011 x-bow shot off and just seen were you posted that you were going to shoot the guns this a.m...... :angry9: damn !!!

i did come in 4th and got a $ 25.00 gift card from cabelas.  :icon_thumright:

brian

gobbler74

Well went to the range this morning mainly for the benefit of having a roof for the rain. Sure enough just as I went out to put up target it started..no matter. I was dissapointed when I realized two of my chokes werent in my shooting bag..gotta track them down. The PG .690 was in my gun. This pattern is at 40 in a 10" circle. I was pleased to see a lot of #6 and #5 holes when counting with very few smaller holes. If this were a straight 7 I would have been dissapointed with the count from a 10 ga anyway. I like this shell esp for the money. Gotta see how they cycle but plenty of "boom" on this one. I have had better performance with EM shells in other chokes with the 12. I'd love to try the 10 ga IC with the Mag blend. Those combos are deadly in the 12. Now this was point and shoot with no sighting but it gives an idea. 

Hognutz

Jim. It is better than respectable. It will be interesting to see what an IC or Rhino will look like. It is not surprising to see that they pattern a little lower than the Nitros, assuming that you were sighted in for them in the first place. Thanks for the info, and keep it coming...Mike
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

Old Gobbler

It is a very good honest pattern , Just got to find the magic choke -Chokes can make a big difference , I have nitro triplex loads that shot 250   but when I got a more open choke in there they popped to 340 - again 80-90% of the holes were 7's some even smaller -

Like wise I have had nitro straight #7s that shot mid-high 200's with a open and waked up with a much tighter constriction and got upwards to 380 -

The probability that the MB shell has more potential is likely- the 10 is less finicky that most guns and a good pattern with minimal effort is likely -

I may contact Bill Davis and see if he would like to dial in a custom dia. choke for this load and get the party started  
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

gobbler74

I'd like to get my hands on one of the old .690 Indian creek bds chokes. They ran a few of those. A .710 is pretty much standard now. I emailed earlier today. We'll see. Is hunt with that current pattern all day long. I just like to play too much. Never know what your going to get into

gobbler74

yeah sighted for nitros. every shell I've tested from 20 to 10 shoots lower than a sighted nitro

woodchip

That looks really good.  I'm glad I went on and picked this up yesterday.  I almost decided not to buy it until I got to the shop and seen that it has the old school camo and rifle sights mounted on it.  Can you guys answer a couple questions for me.  1.)  What types of after market choke tubes fit this shotgun?  Browning, Remington?  2.)  Were these rifle sights added by a gunsmith or did it come from the factory with them?  

The rifle sights are mounted well they seem good and tight and mounted straight.  I also picked up a limbsaver recoil pad for it.  First chance I get I'm going to mount the pad and polish the barrel and forcing cone.  Then pattern it when I can get my hands on some of those Hevishot 10 ga. mag blends.

eight bore

Hey Woodchip,
                         That shotgun takes the Browning choke, Looks really good hope you enjoy it.
There is no Left or Right -- there is only freedom or tyranny. Everything else is an illusion, an obfuscation to keep you confused and silent as the world burns around you." - Philip Brennan