OldGobbler

OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Do I pull the trigger on an old school sp 870 with factory mo bottom land?

Started by Preacher, August 23, 2011, 08:07:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Preacher

Well about a month ago I found a sp 870 I really liked.   I bought it got it home and personalized it.  

Now I have found an old school mo bottom land factory dipped version of the same gun.    A good friend of mine that is a gun trader ran across it in a trade.    I really want it,    However at this time ,  the "Risher" family has a bit of a cash flow issue.   I do have an TC encore laying around and my buddy really wants it.   I dont really like the encore , but it is a solid black powder rifle.  The deal on the table is my encore for the mo 870 and a rifled 870 slug barrel,  which I can use.      What do you think?
Romans 8:37

drenalinld

ILIKEHEVI-13

The question is what do you think not what we think.  It's your Encore and your trade.  If you don't like the Encore, and you can get the slug barrel to go along with the 870 then it's maybe doable.  But you will be the one to have to sleep on the deal at nite. 

Preacher

The draw back is having to start form scratch with another muzzle loader.     My Encore is dialed in with a Leupold scope,   but its (the scope) is staying with me.   On the plus side ,  quality black-powder rifles are inexpensive down here now and I think I can find a good for around 100 bucks.   Just got get the scope mounted and sighted in.

redarrow

If it's your only ML,don't trade. You got the same gun already minus the camo.You would probably be money ahead having the Remmy you got dipped in your choice of camo.

vaturkey

Hey buddy

From the looks of all of the turkey beards you got I really dont think you need another turkey gun but the old school Remingtons are hard to find .
Tough Call !  Good Luck ! 

Ricky   :newmascot:
Vaturkey

gobbler74

"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

savduck

Georgia Boy

Preacher

drenalinld

vaturkey

Sweet Gun Preacher !! Watch out Gobblers !! The Reverend's on the loose  !!

:fud: :newmascot:
Vaturkey

surehuntsalot

great looking shotgun,you didn't need one of those ugly encores anyway
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

ElkTurkMan

Congrats on a great gun!  I have the same gun and it has served me well.

Mild Bill

You can tell a lot about a person by how they treat those who can do nothing for them or to them.