only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

What's your purpose in..............

Started by BOFF, August 19, 2011, 12:02:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BOFF

Why did you do that? 
Why did you say that?

I have to ask myself these questions sometimes, AFTER, hitting myself on the head. Yep, the selfishness just seems to ooze out at times, more so than others. This verse has gotten to be a favorite of mine, and has often kept me from having to hit myself on the head here lately.

Philippians 2:3
New International Version 1984 (NIV1984)

3 Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves.

My "nothing" lately has been talking too much, attempting add my ideas, opinions, in conversations too quickly.  I have found, I can learn something, from anyone, if I allow, and give them time. But so often, I have to add my own two cents, which in reality, doesn't mean a thing. I've actually found it to be irrelevant at times. Who would of thought that?  *laugh here*

Furthermore, in my daily conversations with God, I've also had to slow down, and listen more.

Heavenly Father,

Thank you for your love, grace, and multiple blessings. Forgive me of my selfishness, and haste in attempting to add my input into conversations where it was not needed. Help us to listen, observe, and serve. Help us to focus on your will, using every opportunity to glorify your name. For it is in Jesus name we ask and claim these things, Amen!!

God Bless,
David B.

Duke0002

Wonderful, David.  Thanks.  It's always a struggle in this life to think of others first...  AND.. consider them better than myself.

Roostem33

Great devotional David, I wished I had a dollar for every time I whacked myself over the head. Thanks for the reminder!!!

Jody
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)