OldGobbler

OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Sunday 08/14/11 Camouflaging our Sins as Sins.....

Started by pappy, August 14, 2011, 01:58:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pappy

As a hunter, camouflage is essential, but as a Christian it is very dangerous. Wearing camo in the woods acts as  a substitute for the real thing, trying to blend in. as it were. Camouflaging or trying to substitute our salvation isn't going to cut it as God sees all and knows all.   Some believe that service is a substitute for salvation. Christ had a problem with the Scribes and Pharisees saying that they would compass the seas and all the lands just to make one proselyte, "converting someone to Judaism" and in the process make him twofold the child of hell then themselves! Some will think that turning over a New Leaf, is a substitute for salvation, but man cannot get saved by reforming or "cleaning up his act", no matter how hard we try, getting our life together is no substitute for salvation, "we are but as filthy rags" no matter how many times we try to wash out the sin stains, they are still there. There is only one way to have our sins washed away and that is in the blood of Jesus Christ!
In a nutshell, you cannot think your way to heaven, by rethinking your life, or denying that there is sin , God recognized sin, Calvary was His recognition of sin, "And the Lord hath laid on him the iniquity of us all." Is. 53:6  You can't crucify yourself, and just making sacrifices is not going to get you into heaven!  So, all the camouflage in the world isn't going to make a difference. There is only one way through the Gates of Heaven, there are no "Side Doors", Jesus said, I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved.
So think about this the next time you are sitting under that tree in your camouflage and ask your self, am I really hid from that turkey or deer? And in relation top your salvation, ask the same question, only add, am I really trying to fool God or myself? There is no substitute for Salvation!
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

Duke0002

Roostem33

The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)