Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Saturday Devotional 8/13/2011 Just Ask ME........

Started by pappy, August 13, 2011, 02:10:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pappy

I remember as a child, #3 of 10, wanting a Fire truck that was in the window of the Western Auto store in town. It was a huge ladder rig, it looked like it would reach the sky! My folks didn't have a lot of extra cash for things like this, especially with nine other mouths to feed and clothe. But man I wanted that fire truck. Every day I would ask for it, and every time my mother just shook her head no, after a while I quit asking.
I never got that fire truck, and over the years  I still have a fondness for a Big Red Ladder Rig, but my priorities have changed, I guess you could say as a child I had thoughts of a child but now, as a man, I must think like a man!
In Matt., Jesus said this, "Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: for every one that asketh recieveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened." I don't believe He was talking about fire trucks! If we as believers would only take the time to ask God, sincerely and humbly and honestly, He would intervene, He would attend to our needs, He would answer our prayers with all the wisdom and authority and Grace that He could muster up! But we WHINE too much, we BEG too much and we most certainly THROW OUR LIL" TANTRUMS when we don't get what we want when we want it!
Is this the character of a Believer?
I love to go Metal Detecting with a good friend of mine, each time we go out we have dreams of gold and treasures...and each time we come home we end up emptying our pockets of soda pop tabs and rusty nails! But we go back again, and again, in hopes of finding that which we seek! When we seek out God, we find Him, we don't need a metal detector, we just need faith, when we find God He, begins to nurture us in His ways, with His thoughts and His strength, we grow, and soon discover that we need not to seek riches here on earth, but the riches of Heaven!

During my working days, I always looked forward to new avenues in the job, trying to move up, grabbing those door handles and turning them in hopes of finding opportunity just on the other side. Did this for 35 years, opened a lot of doors and walked through plenty, sometimes it was disappointing and sometimes it was overwhelming, I soon realized that you NEVER open a door unprepared!  That is why I believe that when God has opened a door for us to go through, a new avenue in life is set and the paths have been laid out for us to follow IF we take the time to read the map.....B..I..B..L..E....and all of these are possible through God because of His Fatherly Love for us.
Is this the ultimate quest of the Believer? Just ask in faith, seek out in faith and walk through the doors of life by faith!
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

BOFF

Well written Jack!!

I like the question/reminder here:

"But we WHINE too much, we BEG too much and we most certainly THROW OUR LIL" TANTRUMS when we don't get what we want when we want it!
Is this the character of a Believer? "

God Bless,
David B.

Roostem33

The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)

turkey slayer