turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Friday Devotional 8/12/2011 "Daily Worship"

Started by BOFF, August 11, 2011, 11:11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BOFF

When is the last time you had worship? In searching for the meaning of worship online, the Merriam Webster site defines worship as:  reverence offered a divine being or supernatural power; also : an act of expressing such reverence.

So, when is the last time we had an act of expressing reverence to the Lord?

According to Romans 12:1, it should be all the time.

Romans 12
Living Sacrifices
1 Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God—this is your spiritual act of worship.

WOW!!  I always thought of worship being singing to the Lord in hymns, and praises. I never thought about our actions, our  daily living, as an act of worship. Yes, I know we are supposed to be fruitful, and our "walk match our talk". I just never put the word "worship" with daily living.

It still amazes me how we can read verses we are familiar with, and how the verses can speak new things each time!!

Father God, we thank you for your Holy word being easily available, and speaking to us each time we seek your ways. Let us grasp the meaning, and the importance of how others read your word, not only in the bible, but through our daily actions. Help us to live our lives in an act of daily worship, being holy and pleasing to you. Give us guidance through the Holy Spirit to do your will, and not our own. Use us to better your kingdom, spreading your plan of salvation to those we come in contact with, whether it be in our direct, or indirect actions. For it is in Jesus sweet name, we ask and claim these things, Amen!!

God Bless,
David B.

Roostem33

It still amazes me how we can read verses we are familiar with, and how the verses can speak new things each time!!

That is so true David!!!

Jody
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)

Duke0002

Thanks, David.  Because of Christ our lives are worship of God!  Great stuff!