turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Call makers

Started by savduck, August 09, 2011, 09:53:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

savduck

Please see below. This used to be one heck of a local turkey show in the State of GA. they quit doing it 4 or 5 years back. Looks like they are trying to get it going again. Thought some of you may be interested.

As many of you know, we (Georgia Chapter NWTF) will be in Unicoi on 13-15 January 2012. Below is a letter we are sending out to vendors that have been with us in the past. If we don't have a current address for you, or you are a new vendor/callmaker that would like to join us for an unforgettable weekend, please print the following letter and send it to Dave.

We look forward to seeing everyone on that weekend.
Greg

Greetings hunting and outdoors vendors,

It's time to celebrate conservation efforts by NWTF volunteers across Georgia by holding our annual State Chapter convention. This year we're proud to announce our return to the location in which this great event started many years ago, the lodge at Unicoi State park. As in the past, we will hold the trade show, calling contest and awards banquet in the family friendly location of Helen, GA. Join us as we rekindle old friendships, share turkey hunting stories, and recognize you for your efforts in helping us continue our mission of wild turkey conservation and the outreach programs that introduce to women, children and the disabled to the outdoors.

As a vendor, you're the most important draw to our event and we need you again this year. Vendors will be welcomed on Friday January 13th to set up their booths/tables with the doors opening to the public at 3 PM and closing at 7 PM that evening. On Saturday, we will open the show floor to the public at 9:00 and close that afternoon at 5 PM. The convention will be promoted in several hunting publications, local newspaper advertising, radio and internet coverage as well as mass mailings to thousands of people within a short drive of the convention.

The trade show will take place in the same rooms as in the past with spaces reserved in a first come first serve basis as payment is received. This year we will offer an early bird rate for those vendors who choose to pay for and reserve their tables prior to Nov 12th. The early bird rate will be $125.00 per table. Vendors who choose to pay after NOV 12th will pay the full rate of $175.00 per table.

There is a discounted room rate at the Unicoi State Park lodge if you mention the Georgia Chapter convention when calling for reservations. However, there are a couple of other places to stay that are within a few minute's drive of the show:
Unicoi State Park lodge – (800) 573-9659

Please direct any questions you may have about this year's convention and reserve your table(s) by contacting Dave Wamer (404) 316-1283 Email dwamer@bellsouth.net or, use the form below to reserve your booth by mail.

Name: ___________________________________ Booth /Company name:______________________________

Address: _____________________________________________________________________________

Phone:______________________________ E-Mail Address: ____________________________

_____ table(s) @$175 ea.(only $125 prior to NOV 12) = $______ SAT evening Dinner Ticket(s) @ $40 ea. = $_____
Payment: Check ___ Card: AMX___ VISA___ Master Card ___ Card #_______________________________
Exp. Date ________ Name on Card________________________
Make checks payable to Georgia Chapter-NWTF
Mail to: Dave Wamer 26 Deer Trail Stockbridge, GA 30281

Georgia Boy

misfire

I already know of several very big name callmakers that will be there. And then there is me. Paying for my booth next week
Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net

savduck

Lee, I always heard that besides Perry, that was the one to go to. Even the big guys started out small. I think your on the way up.

You  better get started on that corian proto type owl hooter.... Ive been waiting on the "will you be my guinea pig" phone call. Last season you added trumpets.....this year a hooter.
Georgia Boy

The Cohutta Strutter

Good news. A little bit more my way. I always heard about that show for years while it was going on but I never attended it. Always heard positive comments about the show and  glad it's coming back! I'll do what I can to spread the word here locally.
Anybody seen America lately?

davewamer

Quote from: misfire on August 09, 2011, 10:15:49 PM
I already know of several very big name callmakers that will be there. And then there is me. Paying for my booth next week

Lee, you are correct. We already have several who have reserved their booths so far. In fact, it's really shaping up to be a family reunion as many of these folks came for dozens of years. So far we have Jack Scott, Darrin Dawkins, Bob Harwell, Lon Trice, Billy Buice and Tim Sandford locked in after only a week or so of signing up vendors.  

We look forward to seeing everyone there again and seeing firsthand the finest craftsmanship in the country.

Oh, don't forget to spread the word to those who are shopping for calls, admission to the convention is free so you have more money to buy calls with :z-guntootsmiley:    

Wolfpack

Glad to see the Ga. State back in Unicoi. I always looked forward to it and
considered the Unicoi show to be more like a family reunion.
Dewey

The Cohutta Strutter

... anyone have the dates on the Perry show yet?

savduck

Quote from: The Cohutta Strutter on August 16, 2011, 06:45:08 PM
... anyone have the dates on the Perry show yet?

it has always been the 2nd weekend in Febuary. This year looks like it would be 10th, 11th, and 12th
Georgia Boy

The Cohutta Strutter

davewamer

Check out the great list of callmakers we already have signed up to attend. Still several booths available in the fireplace room, but only a half dozen or so left in the callers room. Certainly going to have a great time as we have for over 25 years.

Booths already reserved:
Scotts Cutter Jack Scott
Bob Harwell
Lonzo's custom calls Lon Trice
Darrin Dawkins Darrin Dawkins
Rut n strut Tim Sandford
Buice calls Billy Buice
Madhatter game calls Dean Mundhenke
Grand Slam Turkey Calls Fred Cox
Steve Mann calls Steve Mann
Lavender Mountain calls Harry Bukett
Brownies calls Hoyt Brown