OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Beretta vs. Springfield (Subcompact Pistols)

Started by Stoner, August 08, 2011, 12:59:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stoner

Looking to pick up a new conceal carry gun. I have been looking at the .40 Beretta SX4 subcompact with the F frame and the .40 Springfield XD Subcompact 3"; I have read the reviews on both firearms. Some of the reviews were critical of the Beretta. The reviews on the Springfield XD subcompact were pretty good overall. I have owned Beretta pistols and have always found them to be quality firearms. I have heard good things about the Springfield firearms. Does anyone have any personal experience with these firearms? I walk 5.5 miles every night around town and would feel better if I was packing something heavier then my Beretta Bobcat .22. I need something lightweight that packs a punch.

busta biggun

I have the Sprigfield XD40 SC and I just LOVE it! Easy to conceal, yet has a powerful punch. I feel comfortable that a .40 slug will penetrate through my car door should i need it to, and will drop the bad guys even with off-center hits. Even though it is a smaller gun, it is easy to shoot. I keep the short mag in because it conceals much better. I can always carry the extended mag in my pocket if needed. Never used the Beretta.

CASH

I also have the XD40.  Feels good, shoots good.
A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

Deputy 14

Check out the XDm as well. Feel even better than the XD.

busta biggun

Yes the XDM is nicer, but it is larger. So not as convenient for carrying.

Limbstrutter

I to carry the XD 40 awesome little gun . With lots of knock down power . Bought two extended mags and carry mostly with the  short mag easy gun to hide. Buy one you'll love it very well built.
SuperX3 12Ga
SuperX3 20Ga
Mission MXB 320
Parker Tornado F4