OldGobbler

OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

It's Sunday August the 7th ...... Are your ears itching?

Started by pappy, August 07, 2011, 12:34:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pappy

Have you ever heard someone say, " I bet your ears were burning, cause we were just talking about you." or have your ears ever itched to hear something exciting? Well believe it or not there will be a time when some folks are gonna be a itchin' for something .......
In II Timothy the 4th chapter we find evidence of a time when people will be turning from the truth and their ears will be itchin' to hear fables to believe in..." I charge thee therefore before God and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at His appearing and His kingdom. Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season, reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long suffering and doctrine. For the time will come when "they" will not endure sound doctrine, but after their own lusts, shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears. And they shall turn away their ears from the truth and shall be turned unto fables. But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist make full proof of thy ministry." 1 - 5 II Timothy 4
We have an obligation as believers to deliver the good news of the gospel of Jesus Christ, but as Ministers and Evangelists we have a greater ministry, to bring back into the fold those who have turned their backs and hearts on the truth, to bring to light the gospel in a way that will re-fire or rekindle the flames of faith in their hearts.
There is an old saying, you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.  Studies have shown that once a person leaves the church 78% never return, that leaves only a 22% chance (according to the math) of bringing someone back to the Lord...but I serve a greater Mathematician !!! I serve a God that is concerned about souls and not figures.
There is no better opportunity then now to work diligently and to endure the hardships of the Ministry in order to win back those souls that have chosen to walk away from the Lord, because of some situation or circumstance, because of hurt feelings or unanswered questions, we have a great fight on our hands, as believers and ministers, but...we have the edge, for we know the battle plans of the winning side and the results are written in blood.
Let us prove to the world that the Gospel is the truth by living it, let us be ready to administer to the hurt and broken hearted, let us stand our grounds based on faith and beliefs, let us take back what the devil has stolen and show the world that fables were written to entertain and that the truth was written to save the lost.
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

BOFF

Duke0002

Jack,  Each time I read those words of St. Paul may heart saddens.  It's heart wrenching to see people who have given up the sound doctrines of the Bible in favor of the lusts of their flesh and false doctrines invented by man. 

May God keep us in the truth of His Word, and bless His Word, as we use it to reclaim errant souls.

Thank you for this devotion, brother.

turkey slayer

Roostem33

The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)