OldGobbler

OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Saturday 08/06/11 Some times we just don't wait long enough !

Started by pappy, August 06, 2011, 11:35:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pappy

Psalm 40 : 1 - 4 ... I waited PATIENTLY for the Lord; and He inclined unto me, and heard my cry. He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings. And He hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God, many shall see it and fear, and shall trust in the Lord. Blessed is that man that maketh the Lord his trust, and respecteth not the proud, nor such as turn aside to lies.
I love to read the scripture, it brings me strength at my weakest moments and I trust in it to be my "rock" to stand firmly upon. Over the years, I have had many ask for prayer, a lot of times it has been for patience, and the majority of reasons for that is, that some folks just cannot wait on God to act upon their prayers or wants....just like turkey hunting, you sit there quietly for a while, being as still as possible, listening and watching, you sense every leaf fall, every gust of wind come by, every bird fly over and every sound, and then after the first hour, you begin to drift off, your attentiveness isn't as keen. And that's when the Tom just happens to pop his head out, he sees you move your arm to swipe at a mosquito and ZOOM he's gone in a flash.
When I face adversity, I look to God for patience and the strength for patience. I KNOW in my heart He heard my first cry for help, I KNOW that He will deliver me from this hardship, and He WILL do so in a manner that will keep my head above the waters of doubt and despair as long as I have my faith intact. That's why I have a NEW SONG in  my heart, no longer do I sing that famous blues song, "Oh Woe is Me".....but my praise song is "Oh WOW is He!" this is also why so many ask me, how can you smile at a time like this? Then I tell them the power of God is found through His word and I read it by Faith Believing, and suddenly "they" want to hear more about this awesome God!
So don't let someone rain on your parade, don't listen to the doubters and mockers tell you it doesn't do any good to pray or be patient, don't let them steal your blessings. Cause I will say this with confidence, Great is a God who will listen to His children cries and greater is He that is within me then he that is of this world...No Lies are gonna stop my Lord from attending to my needs. Amen!
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

BOFF

Thanks Jack for the reminder through scripture!!

So many times, I become impatient, rather than waiting quietly.

God Bless,
David B.

turkey slayer

Roostem33

That was good stuff Jack!!! Thanks for the reminder!!

Jody
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)