turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Anyone use Cuddeback trailcams???

Started by barry, August 05, 2011, 04:08:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

barry

We have 2, the Capture & the Capture IR. Both did good for about a year.
Since then we have downloaded firmware several times. Photos will be black, cam will eat up batteries or won't take pics at all. Just this week put brand new batteries in the Capture, set it up monday, pulled card this morning..13 pics and batteries DEAD!
Anyone else have trouble with Cuddeback?

lacountryboy

I believe mine is an excite, I haven't had any problems with it and it takes good pictures, but it scares the fire out of the deer so I don't use it anymore.
William

gobbler74

cuddeback makes some of the best quality pics Ive seen but have heard lots of horror stories on battery life and lots of quirks. A buddy had his over a plot that got darn near trampled with sign and only a few pics to show for it. Like everything electronic some things have problems. knock on wood Ive run moultries for awhile and am more than pleased. They finally made a couple new models that didnt require a dump truck to tote em in the woods.   
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

Deputy 14

Never had any trouble with my Cuddebacks other than having dirtbags stealing them.  Battery life has been excellent out of all I have owned as well.

clarksvalley

had an expert for about four years,last year started with problems,this year does`nt work.just contacted cuddeback to fix it and they told me its out of warranty and would`nt fix,but i could send the camera back and $85 and they would send me a capture.it spites me
to get another cuddeback but my expert isn`t doing me any good the way it is.the wife got me two dlc covert II`s for x-mas that seem to be doing alright so far.

barry

Quote from: clarksvalley on August 06, 2011, 12:56:55 PM
had an expert for about four years,last year started with problems,this year does`nt work.just contacted cuddeback to fix it and they told me its out of warranty and would`nt fix,but i could send the camera back and $85 and they would send me a capture.it spites me
to get another cuddeback but my expert isn`t doing me any good the way it is.the wife got me two dlc covert II`s for x-mas that seem to be doing alright so far.

$85???
I called and they told me to send in my old capture and they would send me a new one...
FOR $150!!!

clarksvalley

man i don`t know what to say,the women told me $75 for the camera and $10 for shipping.something here stinks thats the third different number that i heard from cuddeback.check in the game camera section i posted last week about i was having trouble with my
cuddeback and slickyboyboo posted he had the same problem with his excite and cuddeback told him to send his camera in and $100 for a capture.now i think the expert and excite are higher dollar cameras to be replaced by a capture.but your sending in a capture for a capture in return,something here doesn`t make sense.

neal

I have 6 of them and about every 3 or 4 years they go junk I send them in they send me a new one and it costs anywhere from $75-$175. Ive owned other cameras and have friends that own others as well as the cuddiebacks and I think they all have their flaws. I will say cuddiebacks customer service has gone down hill they use to be close to my home and I visited them a few times and where great but they've been slipping.
Hooks Custom Calls Prostaff member

NWTF Diamond life member, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Life Member, NWTF Nationals Hunting Call Competition Judge, Hooks custom calls striker builder, WI, MN & IA State Friction Calling Champion.

guesswho

Their customer service ran me off years ago.   The only thing worse than the two cameras I had was the customer service.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

turkey slayer

I have had a cuddy for 2&1/2 years, no problems what so ever! In fact I can usually go weeks on 1 set of batteries.

Reloader

Barry, if you are looking for a new cam to try, the 2009 model Bushnell Trophy Cams can be had for around $140 on ebay. You'll be hard pressed to beat the batt life, I can get around 7 months on 8 regular alkaline AAs. Trigger speed is about 1 second. 2yr wtty as well.

Im running 6 '09 TCs and the only prob I've had was a broken lcd s screen, which Bushnell fixed in just a few weeks.

The Primos cams are good as well. We've even had good luck with the cheap Primos i35s for $79 at BPS.

Have a good one,

Reloader

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk.

barry

Quote from: Reloader on August 06, 2011, 10:56:42 PM
Barry, if you are looking for a new cam to try, the 2009 model Bushnell Trophy Cams can be had for around $140 on ebay. You'll be hard pressed to beat the batt life, I can get around 7 months on 8 regular alkaline AAs. Trigger speed is about 1 second. 2yr wtty as well.

The Primos cams are good as well. We've even had good luck with the cheap Primos i35s for $79 at BPS.

Have a good one,

Reloader

Thanks Reloader but I recently got on prostaff with Spypoint and will be switching over to their cams. Have one of their IR-6 cams now and get 2000-3000 pics on one set of AA batteries. Plus they're  about half price of the Cudde's

RutnNStrutn

I've never downloaded anything to my cams. Also never had any problems..............EXCEPT, 2 of my cams and 2 of my Dad's cams over the last 4 years, for an average of one a year, has gotten water in them, and had to be shipped back to be refurbed. Other than that, love them!!