OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

How many of you use

Started by OLE RASPY, February 14, 2011, 07:11:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OLE RASPY

Youth diagram mouth calls.I purchased one today and the youth model is not for me to small.Slides every where,cant control it in the palate.Ive always used the regular ones and ive heard people say they like the youth or junior ones better so i bought one and it dont work for me or that one dont. Its a primos double reed.

mason0366

paintbrush

StruttinGobbler3

I tried one a few seasons ago, and like you could not control it in my mouth. Too small. It's currently collecting dust in a drawer with the fifty or so other various calls that didn't perform to my expectations.
John 3:16

"Fall hunting is maneuvers. Spring hunting is war"
Tom Kelly, Tenth Legion

Lumpy

It's not a religon, it's a relationship, JESUS CHRIST IS LORD!!!

Hook's Custom Calls Prostaffer
www.hookscalls.com

PANYHunter

Yeah I use them.  Either that or trim full size ones but the frame is still a little to big and the seal isn't as good.  Don't seem to get the different varieties in youth calls though.

harvester

Not me. I just trim the normal size ones to fit.

Big Timber

I use the regular size, never tried the youth size.

turkey slayer

I have a few youth and a few adult, either way Ive been able to use both.

savduck

I dont. I have a high arch and could use a smaller frame, but I learned a long time ago to bend the regular size aluminum frames and trim the tape.

Blodgett calls used to make a call named the "Red Rooster" that was a smaller frame call that was awesome. They dont have it anymore.
Georgia Boy

shootumindaface

After 19 years of regular frames I do.. They aren't for everyone.. The standard size SCA frame is like selling Shirts only in Large.. Gonna be too big for some, small for others and just right for a bunch

Basser69

I use both and have never had a problem with either

struttin_1

Tried one for the first time this year and it is to small for me. I've never had a problem with regular size frames.

Muskie03

I've got a BIG mouth, I would rather spend 5 or 6 bucks at burger king than swallow a youth size diaphram. :TooFunny:
Muskie03 Taught Me A Lesson In 2011

If it eats I can catch it, if it bleeds I can kill it.

Flydown