turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Poult sighting!

Started by barry, July 24, 2011, 01:21:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

barry

My brother came by and said there's 2 hens with poults up in the field.
I went out on the porch and after watching for a while was able to count 14 poults.
While watching 2 more hens came in the field and they brought 10 poults with them!
Nice hatch!!!
Sorry, to far for pics.

spurman

Cool, I saw a hen yesterday and she was acting like she had young but I couldn't see them in the tall grass.
Spring turkey hunting, I love it so.                FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

Spring Creek Calls

No poult sightings here in MI. Seen lots of hens, as many as 5 together but no poults. Hopefully they're just hiding in the tall grass.

:smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an
2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

WiLL B

What state you in Barry?

barry

hookedspur

:icon_thumright: haven't seen any around home yet , but Ill keep looking.
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

WiLL B

Haven't seen any in MS yet but know several folks that have.

pcgobbler

I have seen quite a few hens with poults here in eastern NC.  I commute about 35 miles to work and most I have seen on the way to work..  Almost all had either five or six poults.  I thought they laid 10-12 eggs.  I guess either some didn't hatch, or nasty predators got em'.

davisd9

Have not seen any myself but my Father in Law saw about 30 with a few hens last week.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

TRKYHTR

My son came home from work yesterday and said he saw a hen with 8 poults about 4" tall. Thats real small for us.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

drenalinld

I have had about 20 poults with two hens in the yard during the day while I am at work in the last week. My wife didn't think to take pics. I would have game cam pics, but my Trophy Cam I use at home has been sent in to Bushnell to be repaired or replaced..........uggggghhhhhhhh

rtsj

I've seen two different groups of poults so far in southwest Pa. Low numbers though. I usually see 8-12 poults per hen, but the first hen only had two and the second one only had 5. Hope it wasn't the cold wet, wet, wet, spring.

Limbstrutter

Cool deal, This year I seen my first poults ever. Seen one hen with 14 then three days latter I seen three hens with a whole bunch of them cross the road in frount of my truck . Had to stop to let them cross the road. Way too cool.  And to top it all off it was on my hunting property.
SuperX3 12Ga
SuperX3 20Ga
Mission MXB 320
Parker Tornado F4

WiLL B

Quote from: drenalinld on July 27, 2011, 10:54:08 AM
I have had about 20 poults with two hens in the yard during the day while I am at work in the last week. My wife didn't think to take pics. I would have game cam pics, but my Trophy Cam I use at home has been sent in to Bushnell to be repaired or replaced..........uggggghhhhhhhh

Ain't you from Arkansas? From what I hear Ya'll need some good hatches! We do too in south MS!